(12-30-2006) U2 may change musical direction on next album - Reuters*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono usually always bullshits abmout the next album. Remember "edge's dragon album" for HTDAAB ? Will just have to wait for leaks

My main concern at the moment is how the new, unwanted skyward prison of a recording studio might dampen their creativity. How, for examplw, will the band be able to interact with fans on recording days (Goodbye to the "bench") and how will they debut the album in Dublin like their custom? No more piping the tracks through a speaker to a breaqthless crowd waiting in the street outside....

I don't think they'll be recording in the new "U2 Tower", if that's what you're referring too. I remember hearing something about them starting construction on that sometime in 2006. Even though rock super-stars probably aren't stood up by their contractors like the rest of us (sorry if there are any contractors on the boards...only teasing!), I can't see a project that big being done in the next few months. Which leaves the question...where will they record this album?

I'd have to agree with Atomic Bono, the MDH soundtrack is wonderfully atmospheric. Though TGBHF lost some of its lushness when it was played acoustic. I'd also like to hear more songs like Electrical Storm, Mercy, Saints, and Window in the Sky. I hope they have more piano in their next album also.

HelloAngel said:
U2 may change musical direction on next album

NEW YORK (Billboard) - With its monster-selling Vertigo world tour complete, U2 may be ready to rock less, according to frontman Bono...

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved

I thought they were rocking less...

We all know Bono has zero credibility when talking about new material. I don’t believe or trust anything he says when describing a new album.

...(recalling U2's last rendition of Miss Sarajevo)....I think Bono's trying to prepare us for their long awaited opera album :shh:

it's gonna be gangsta rap album about growing up in the mean streets a Dublin.\

Edge on Turntables. Adam and Larry looking hard with arms folded

Since Bono's voice seems to have reached a new peak in recent months (I just hope he takes a little care) I think making a "voice" album would be brilliant. I would really love to hear the guys tuning it down a little, more accoustic stuff, and yes, piano would be great. But who knows how things will turn out in the end ...

Bono's ramblings make me laugh. I look forward to whatever it is thats not going to stay where it is. I like change! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom