(12-30-2004) Anton Corbijn Launches U2 Site -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/reviews/u2andi-sml.jpg[/SIMG]Anton Corbijn Launches U2 Site

To promote his forthcoming book "U2 & I," photographer Anton Corbijn has launched a new website, www.u2-corbijn.com, that features pages from the book.

u2andi.jpg

The book, hitting shelves in February, contains text from Bono, Helena Christensen, Bill Clinton, William Gibson, Paul Morley, Salman Rushdie, Michael Stipe and Wim Wenders, plus an interview between Bono and Corbijn and captions written by Corbijn.

You may pre-order the book here.

Diane L said:
This book is going to be gorgeous! I've had it on pre-order from Amazon.com for a while, and it's supposed to come out about a week after my birthday.

What a wonderful birthday gift to yourself. I also plan to pre-order this book. :hyper:

It's simply beautiful.

And his site is classic, simple and infinitely nicer than U2.com. What a shock, except not.

That's Nassim, who was for many years U2's hair and make-up person. She was, at the time that picture was taken, Anton Corbijn's girlfriend. There are many references to her in the Flanagan book. She's the woman who famously hit Bono (hard!) on the head with a hairbrush when he was having a temper tantrum. He quietened down immediately.:wink:
I also have pre-ordered this book. Can't wait!

spencr00 said:
is this the same as the "U2 by U2" book that was touted last year?

That's a different book, the band themselves are working on that one with Neil McCormick. Probably will be out late 2005, early 2006.

ultrraviolette said:
Anyone know how big the book is for $63? How many pages? I don't want to pay $63 for a thin coffee table book :|

ISBN: 3829601530 Subtitle: U2 & I Author: Corbijn, Anton Publisher: Schirmer/Mosel Subject: Individual Photographer Publication Date: January 2005 Binding: Hardcover Language: English Illustrations: Y Pages: 360

I was flipping thru the sample pages on Corbijn's site and was actually startled by the picture of Bono looking like he's "flying". This guy is GOOD. He chose a great photo for the cover, too.

Back
Top Bottom