(12-29-2005) U2 Included on USA Today Year-End Poll -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Included on USA Today Year-End Poll

USA Today's music staff, Edna Gundersen, Steve Jones, Elysa Gardner, Brian Mansfield and Ken Barnes, have chosen the best and worst of 2005's music scene, giving U2 and Bono mentions.

Hero of the year

Bono. The planet's coolest rock star maintained a day job as activist lobbying to end poverty, debt and the AIDS epidemic in Africa.

Tour of the year

U2's Vertigo. A dramatic display of heart and musical prowess, it found U2 at the peak of its powers 25 years into a career of sustained relevance.

Vertigo Tour opener Kanye West's new album "Late Registration" was named best of the year by the paper. Fellow tour alums Franz Ferdinand's latest was No. 7 on the list.

Thsi is great news! Of course I feel U2 deserves the kudos where the tour is concerned! It ROCKED! It kicked ass! It raked in the dough! Good job, U2! And who better to be voted as Coolest Rock Star but the coolest band in the world's lead singer?!!! Bono Vox! Great news! :wink: :applaud:

I am so happy for Bono !!!! He deserves lots of recognition for his many years of activism. Kanye and Franz have been doing big things too. I wonder who eles made the list?
YEAH YEAH BONO
:dancing:

Back
Top Bottom