(12-29-2004) At Home With Bono -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
At Home With Bono

U2.com was on location as the ‘Sometimes…’ video shoot went to Bono’s childhood home.. and director Phil Joanou talked to us all about the video.

You must be a U2.com member to access this article. Visit the News section of U2.com to get more on the "Sometimes..." video shoot.

Update

U2SavesTheWorld has kindly passed along the complete article. Here are some highlights:

*Scenes for the "Sometimes..." video were shot in Bono's bedroom and the family room of his childhood home on Cedarwood Road.

*To thank neighbors for their patience during the filming, Bono handed out copies of U2's new album.

*From Cedarwood Road, Bono and crew continued filming on Grafton Street, where Bono sang live while walking amongst Christmas shoppers, often undetected in his dark hoodie.

*Said video director Phil Joanou of Bono's street performance:
"Not only is he singing this very emotional song but he is performing for the camera, having to watch where he is walking, listen to instructions about traffic… we’re really recording some sensational material."

--U2.com

Last edited:
funny, i don't remember them ever having exclusives back when u2's site didn't charge.

thanks a lot, i'd just love to fork over more money to you guys. i know how hard it is for a band to stay on top as being known the "biggest in the world". financially straining, i'm sure.

Would somebody mind sending me a copy of the full article pretty please? Until U2 Inc sort out my Propaganda subscription I can't register onto u2.com .

Cheers,
Jim

Zoomerang96 said:
funny, i don't remember them ever having exclusives back when u2's site didn't charge.

thanks a lot, i'd just love to fork over more money to you guys. i know how hard it is for a band to stay on top as being known the "biggest in the world". financially straining, i'm sure.

I'm sure they ('they' being whoever they may be) are aware that $40 is quite a bit of money for some people to fork out, so for those that do, they make "extras" available to them.

They're not stupid, they're also aware that those with access to articles such as these, will pass them on to those without access.

Nobody loses.

I haven't looked, but I'm pretty sure there's already a post up in EYKIW containing the whole article.

:yes: I think they should give us a break-knowing a Tour is on the way, and how much it costs alot of us just to attend One concert on the tour!! I really want to go to Miami* and catch them there at there first concert of the tour-but I just can't put out all this extra money for things that Used to be free! Why charge us now?:huh: Just means I have to miss out on things..!:(

I removed sallycinnamon's post because we don't post complete items in news from paid sites (like U2.com or HotPress.com). You are welcome to post the complete article in other forums on this site or e-mail or PM them to each other, but please don't post them in News.

Thank you.

dsmith2904 said:
I removed sallycinnamon's post because we don't post complete items in news from paid sites (like U2.com or HotPress.com). You are welcome to post the complete article in other forums on this site or e-mail or PM them to each other, but please don't post them in News.

Thank you.

Sorry about that dsmith! I wasn't sure whether we were allowed to quote full articles or not. Didn't mean to be naughty! :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom