(12-27-2007) Bono takes wife Ali for a traditional flutter at the races - Daily Mail*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Bono takes wife Ali for a traditional flutter at the races

He may be an international pop phenomenon but when it comes to Christmas traditions, Bono is as stuck in his ways as the rest of us.

The U2 frontman joined 18,000 punters for a day at the races with his wife and four children at Leopardstown, Dublin, on Boxing Day, for the annual St Stephen's day meeting, as he has done for many years.

Boxing Day is one of the busiest days in the racing calendar as it is for hunting - 300 hunts are reported to have met in England yesterday despite the ban on the sport in 2005.

And Bono is himself a master of tenacity - he and his wife Ali, seen here arriving at the course, celebrated 25 years of marriage this summer.

They have two daughters Jordan, 18, and Memphis Eve, 16, and two sons Elijah, eight, and six-year-old John Abraham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...in_article_id=504718&in_page_id=1773&ito=1490

Bono is not quite 50 yet, lets give the man his well earned year and a half.
And I agree, Bono 'earned' his face...all those smile lines and joyful crevices are a history of a beautiful and giving life... as well as a few other lines that tell the tales of sorrow and loss.

His soul shines through the lines.

At least Elijah and John were there, they are on some of the photos. Don't know if the girls were there, too, but they like to stay out of the spotlight. So what? It's alright that they are trying to keep their kids away from the photographers. At Bono's knighting ceremony in March all the kids were there but none of them was photographed, only Bono and Ali.

They are a beautiful couple, I love to see them together. As for Bono's outfit: We all know the man can be a wandering fashion desaster, Ali must have been distracted when he dressed himself, but it's just so Bono.

night_and_day66 said:
Bono is not quite 50 yet, lets give the man his well earned year and a half.
And I agree, Bono 'earned' his face...all those smile lines and joyful crevices are a history of a beautiful and giving life... as well as a few other lines that tell the tales of sorrow and loss.

His soul shines through the lines.
I believe that Bono tries to shine the light of giving exemplied by His belief in Christ. I think that is the desire of his giving, if I am not mistaken in the various periodicals I've read.. Love Bono. Love the idea of giving.:huh:

Night and Day, Nozomi and last unicorn-

Beautifully stated on each account

:heart: :up:
And especially to last unicorn :giggle: Just love him to pieces anyway, so true.

Back
Top Bottom