(12-27-2007) Bono on Biography Tonight - Salon.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
According to Salon.com, the Biography Channel is featuring Bono's "Biography" tonight, Thursday, 27 December 2007.

Here's what Salon.com says about it:

What can you say about U2 lead singer and activist Bono that hasn't already been said? He's a swaggering Irish hero in black leather, the kind of guy every teenage girl daydreamed about kissing when she was 19 and listened to "The Joshua Tree" 15 times a day on her Walkman. Is he a little bit pretentious, slightly cheesy, unbearably self-important? Sure, but even with his occasional outbursts, you have to admire his slow evolution into a thoughtful spokesperson for ending world hunger. Obviously plenty of other people do: He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2003, 2005 and 2006, and he was knighted earlier this year. Tonight's "Biography" lays out Bono's story, from his childhood in Dublin to his transformation into an internationally recognized rock star (9 p.m. EST on BIO).-H.H.

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/daily/2007/12/27/thursday/

I watched this and... well... it was really bad. :huh: There were some errors ("Sunday Bloody Sunday" was not on October!); they obviously didn't get any permission to use real U2 songs, so they used "imitation" U2 songs; they made it sound like Bono's whole life revolves around helping the poor and always has; they didn't talk to anyone closely involved with the band; and they made it sound like Achtung Baby was the last album U2 ever made.

I was hoping that the Biography Channel would do a better job than this.

Back
Top Bottom