(12-26-2005) Vegas Vertigo Raises $1000 for Water Projects in Africa! -- AWF*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Vegas Vertigo Raises $1000 for Water Projects in Africa!

Ed. Note: Thank you to everyone who attended the Vegas Vertigo event and bought shirts. It's because of you that the event managed to raise so much money for the African Well Fund.

The African Well Fund is pleased to announce that the Vegas Vertigo fan benefit event was a huge success, raising $1000 for clean water projects in Africa. The event was hosted by Interference.com, one of the largest U2 fan web sites and was held at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Café on Nov. 3, 2005. Over 150 fans attended the party. Donations were raised through the sale of advance reservations, raffle tickets and specially designed Vegas Vertigo T-shirts. Some of the great prizes raffled off at the event included; a signed copy of Stealing Hearts at a Traveling Show donated by Four5One, a copy of "I Was Bono’s Doppelganger" signed and donated by the author Neil McCormick, and a signed, numbered U2 caricature donated by artist Niall O’Loughlin.

AWF volunteer Sherry Lawrence thanked those in attendance for their assistance in helping to make a significant difference in the lives of many Africans. The money will be used to help fund water projects in Angola this spring. AWF would like to thank Interference.com as well as all the fans that attended the event for your continued support.

--African Well Fund

Thanks so much to all those who attended!

This has been a banner year for AWF, largely due to the generosity of U2 fans and the additional support of U2 fan sites and tribute bands. Your support and generosity will do much to change the lives of people you have never met.

Thank You

BTW - if anyone has pictures from this event, we would love to put them up at our site, just drop me a line.

Back
Top Bottom