(12-23-2004) U2...and No. 9 -- The Electric New Paper*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2...and No. 9

BRAZILIAN superstar Ronaldo has confirmed the details for his forthcoming wedding to supermodel Daniella Cicarelli.

It should be quite an occasion, reported the Real Madrid website.

Real Madrid's lethal No 9 has gone to town and booked the sumptuous Chateau de Chantilly near Paris, which is widely regarded as one of the finest chateaus in the world.

The bash, which Ronaldo has romantically scheduled for Valentine's Day, will cost the hitman a euro or two - with the catering alone chiming in at a reported US$2,135 ($3,500) per head - a mere bagatelle for someone of Ronaldo's estimated US$300 million fortune.

Despite claims from the pair that they are looking for 'a simple occasion,' it is hard to reconcile this when you absorb the sheer majesty of the venue.

Furthermore, Ronaldo has called in a favour from an old pal and asked Bono, the lead singer for rock's super group, U2, to sort the music out.

Sources in Rio de Janiero confirm that U2 will play a live set in the chateau grounds to a guest list that will read like a who's who of world football and Brazilian high society.

Ronaldo and Bono first met several years back when they were doing work for Unicef and have remained good friends ever since.

Daniella is perhaps the most widely recognised supermodel in Brazil after Gisele Bundchen, and her face adorns billboards everywhere you go.

QUESTION

The couple have only been together for about a year and Ronaldo has wasted no time in popping the question.

The couple were snapped recently in Madrid and the GQ Magazine Spanish awards, where Ronaldo picked up a Man of the Year award.

It has not been too long since his divorce from previous wife Milene Domingues, the women's ball juggling champion with a staggering nine-hour effort of over 66,000.

She is also mother to his son, Ronald, who surely must be blessed with superb footballing pedigree, Real Madrid and Brazil must be hoping.

--The Electric New Paper

I know Larry Mullen is an avid footballer and huge, huge, huge, Irish International fan (duh!), so it'll be interesting to get his take on the whole thing.

I don't know, if the wedding is next year that would clash with U2's tour.

I didn't expect them to play in that wedding and just because Bono met Ronaldo doesn't mean that they are friends. I think I'll be disappointed if they go to the wedding. Or maybe not, as it would be a nice opportunity for us to get a lot more pictures. :hmm: I also don't think that wedding's gonna last long, not that I care, but the girl is too shallow and empty-headed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom