(12-23-2004) Bono Not Impacted by Illegal Internet Sales -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Not Impacted by Illegal Internet Sales

U2 frontman BONO is too rich to feel threatened by the damage file-sharers are inflicting on the music industry.

The charismatic VERTIGO star's band have been shifting millions of records across the world for over 20 years now and are all millionaires as a result.

However, Bono is delighted the internet didn't exist when they launched to prominence, and sympathises with up-and-coming bands desperate for a breakthrough.

And he resents the conniving business men and women who are making money from the illegal trade.

He says, "People sharing our music, personally I have no problem with. It's when they're doing it as a business, I have a real problem with that. But at the end, I'm a big rock star. I can live it one way or the other.

"But for somebody who's in a small punk-rock group, that's the difference between renting or buying (a house)."

--contactmusic

interesting.

but at the same time, if it weren't for "illegal downloading" i'd never have downloaded 9/10's of the songs i have on my computer and most importantly, have since bought!

He should let his record company know so they can stop harassing people looking for things like lyrics.

Zoomerang96 said:
if it weren't for "illegal downloading" i'd never have downloaded 9/10's of the songs i have on my computer and most importantly, have since bought!

Mmhm. Same here.

I've never made money off sharing music online (when I used to do it, that is-now I just download), and I can understand people not being happy with that. But that's cool that he has no problem with merely sharing music with others without profit, or just downloading songs for your own personal use :up: :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom