(12-20-2005) Goodbye, Goodbye! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Goodbye, Goodbye!

Ed. Note -- And of course a big thank you goes out to all the fans who came together for the band with their sea of signs: members of Interference.com, @U2.com and U2.com's Zootopia community!

A lyrical twist to open Vertigo and it's party night in Portland as the tour comes to a sensational close after nine months on the road in Europe and North America. Tonight seemed like everyone got thanked and the mighty Vertigo crew got to step up on stage and make their bow. Here's the final set list of 2005, more news on the way.

U2.com's report here. Photos from U2.com are available here.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes you Can’t Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One / Help
Instant Karma / Happy Christmas (War is Over)

Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You / Happy Birthday

Yahweh

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1858

Last edited by a moderator:
HelloAngel said:
[B a sensational close [/B]

The setlist wasn´t something sensational at all :sad: fans were hoping for something special as they knew it was the last gig of the 2005 Tour... but once again they didn´t make any surprises :( :ohmy:

Now I´m even wondering if they´re gonna change the selist for the upcoming 4th leg after the nearly 2 month break :(

sensational close?
what are you saying? The Vertigo Tour has NOT finished yet, or do you think that the end in the U.S means THE END?

Nube Gris said:
sensational close?
what are you saying? The Vertigo Tour has NOT finished yet, or do you think that the end in the U.S means THE END?

He was talking about it being the close of 2005. And during the 2nd leg U2 closed the leg with 40 instead of the Vertigo 2, a nice little change so we expected a bit of something as well.

Hey! I was there last night! It was sad hearing Bono singing GOOD BYE GOOD BYE....but it is NOT over.....and there is sooooooooo much talk of Hawaii in April. Now THAT will be THE show to attend! There were new light shows that were fantastic.....sure the set list was nothing out of the ordinary, but Bono's interaction with the crowd and the magic that filled the Rose Garden last night was what made this show special. And I must say I give PROPS to the folks who braved the GA line. The crew was fantastic when they all came out and there were not one and not two but THREE encore visits on stage before the house lights came back on. THAT was the sad moment....and hearing 40. Larry's ending on 40 was emotional and brought a tear to my eye. But it was a very special, magical night for all who were there....and I am sure to all at the setlist party and I hope the streaming worked. Now we sit back and wait for audio and video to hit the airwaves.

Hope everyone who visited Portland for the show has a safe trip back home and that everyone has a safe and healthy holiday season!

I am so glad I made it to this show!

It's NOT goodbye goodbye! It's only "Cya"

Carek1230 said:
Hey! I was there last night! It was sad hearing Bono singing GOOD BYE GOOD BYE....but it is NOT over.....and there is sooooooooo much talk of Hawaii in April. Now THAT will be THE show to attend! There were new light shows that were fantastic.....sure the set list was nothing out of the ordinary, but Bono's interaction with the crowd and the magic that filled the Rose Garden last night was what made this show special. And I must say I give PROPS to the folks who braved the GA line. The crew was fantastic when they all came out and there were not one and not two but THREE encore visits on stage before the house lights came back on. THAT was the sad moment....and hearing 40. Larry's ending on 40 was emotional and brought a tear to my eye. But it was a very special, magical night for all who were there....and I am sure to all at the setlist party and I hope the streaming worked. Now we sit back and wait for audio and video to hit the airwaves.

Hope everyone who visited Portland for the show has a safe trip back home and that everyone has a safe and healthy holiday season!

I am so glad I made it to this show!

It's NOT goodbye goodbye! It's only "Cya"

So how did the whole thing with the "signs" that said "Thank You" go?

Well I believe, but I would definitely like to see some photographic evidence :happy:

From my vantage point, there were definitely quite a few! Loved the ones on the seats too :heart:

The band definitely noticed them... I saw Adam stop, look and steal one of Bono's WOW's :happy:

Just because the setlist was pretty standard doesn't mean it wasn't sensational. There was a great vibe in the Rose Garden last night.

Bono definitely noticed the signs at the beginning of Elevation. He said something to the effect of, "No, thank YOU" and then went to Edge and Adam for their own responses. Edge said "thank you" in Gaelic, and Adam said "thank you very much" or something, but you couldn't hear him, so Bono had to repeat it. He then went to Larry and held out the mike, and Larry did his "mole/hole" thing. :wink:

Miroslava said:
Well I believe, but I would definitely like to see some photographic evidence :happy:

From my vantage point, there were definitely quite a few! Loved the ones on the seats too :heart:

The band definitely noticed them... I saw Adam stop, look and steal one of Bono's WOW's :happy:

So it was not 100%? What percent of the audiance were holding up signs?

STING2 said:

So it was not 100%? What percent of the audiance were holding up signs?

Oh well, you can't march in expecting 100% of the audience with signs to hold them up. I would venture to guess maybe about 50% of distributed signs got held up, but that was the percentage I walked in expecting anyway. It did look fantastic and the band definitely noticed and had these looks :ohmy:

So I would definitely call it a success! :up:

Back
Top Bottom