(12-17-2005) U2 Fans Join Together to Say Thank You in Portland - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, but it's not nice for the people who have been there and have taken pictures to urge them.

From u2tours:

Review by Bert:

I forgot to mention the crowd holding up "Thank You" signs during Elevation. I had a great view of Bono's reaction. He was just grabbing for a bottle of water and was so shocked he put the bottle down without taking a sip. He said something like, "What's this?" with some amusement and interest. He and the rest of the band seemed genuinely moved. Bono said, "No, thank you." Then, throughout the show he kept rattling off names of people who had helped with the tour.

Vincent Vega said:
Still no pictures? It was last night, so please a bit patience.

Actually, pictures from nearly every show have appeared in PLEBA within just a few hours ; almost always by the next morning. I wasn't trying to be rude or impatient. I'm just rather surprised.

The thank you signs worked out fairly well, I was pretty damn pleased (and crying like a dork, so no pictures from me). The people in seats distributing signs did a great job. In particular, I would like to thank Kevin and his friend (and dear lord please forgive me, but I forgot her name... anyway, she and her mom know who they are :D ) placing signs in every seat in the 100 sections nearest the stage.... And of course to everyone that helped printing signs, acting as courier, etc.. And Miri, I wish YOU had definitely seen this :hug:

It really was a great moment! :up:

Thank you miroslava for this wonderful idea... and congratulations on this project's success!!! it must have been awesome! i don't blame you for crying! I myself cried a little when i read the news today at u2.com!:heart:

Miroslava said:
The thank you signs worked out fairly well, I was pretty damn pleased (and crying like a dork, so no pictures from me). The people in seats distributing signs did a great job. In particular, I would like to thank Kevin and his friend (and dear lord please forgive me, but I forgot her name... anyway, she and her mom know who they are :D ) placing signs in every seat in the 100 sections nearest the stage.... And of course to everyone that helped printing signs, acting as courier, etc.. And Miri, I wish YOU had definitely seen this :hug:

Awh Miroslava :hug:

Thank you for coming up with the idea.

Thank you to all the sign distributors.
Thank you to all the sign couriers.
Thank you to all the sign printers.
And thank you to U2.

You can be assured I'll see pictures of it, Miroslava!

Oh, my other person I REALLY, REALLY wanted to thank and I made a reference to earlier is Denise and her lovely mom!

Thank you ladies :hug:

Another snippet of a review from u2tours

But this concert was brain surgery for the heart. The concert as usual on this tour opened with City and the first half of the show just ran smooth. I thought that the interference crowd who passed out things in the GA area was awesome it added a much welcomed thank you to the band that I think they were embarrassed by.

Why? Because I genuinely believe that they feel like they are getting away with being on stage. They may not feel that way when they are in the throes of finishing the next record...Refreshing from anyone who is a "celebrity" to have some sense of humility.

and from the @u2 blog

We had a GA area that was glowing red, there were signs all over the arena (approx. 2,000 on the floor and well over that in the stands) that simply said "THANK YOU," and people were patient enough to wait until Elevation to hold them up. The transformation of the arena at that very moment was not only overwhelming, but it appeared to have completely taken Bono by surprise. It was awesome to see him speechless for at least a good few seconds as he was taking in the very simple public display of affection.

We all knew that this tour wasn't really supposed to happen, and we also knew that the band had bent over backwards for us to try to make the situation right at the start of the year. We knew that they were trying their best to make many different groups of people "happy." There are not very many opportunities for the fan community to pull together to make a public statement to the band, and it was something very special to have been able to do this on behalf of those who saw the show before us to extend their thanks to the band as well. It was awesome to see the band's reaction to thousands of the signs simply saying "Thank You." That was *the* highlight of the show for me.

Last edited:
WOW!!

:applaud:

WOW! Reading the reviews, wished I could have thanked them too! (check my username). It's hard not to get emotional.

Miroslava said:

Yes, a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you, Miroslava for this grand idea. It was a pleasure to meet you finally...and I was thrilled to have been an albeit small part in this great venture. Wow is all I can say and, yes, I was also teary-eyed seeing the signs go up and Mr. Hewson speechless and taken aback at the grand gesture....it was a moment alright! I cannot WAIT to get hold of the bootleg video of this FANTASTIC Portland show! The people in "my section" were so nice and excited about the whole idea. It made for some great conversation before the show! I tried to get some pics but from my seat they didn't turn out that great but I will post them tomorrow night to share for whatever they are worth.

Awesome show, Portland was......the tour is not over....it's not ended, the band is just on break.

Happy Holidays to all!

~Karen, San Diego

Thank You

3e5cre2.jpg

I have the 'thank yous' on a video clip, but do not know how to post it. I also do not know of any websites where you can post video clips. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
frank

Re: Thank You

fnowat said:
3e5cre2.jpg

I have the 'thank yous' on a video clip, but do not know how to post it. I also do not know of any websites where you can post video clips. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
frank

Wow! I can't wait to see those!

Please PM me if you have any problems and I can help you out.

Thank you! :love:

Re: Thank You

fnowat said:
3e5cre2.jpg

frank

if your clip is 60 MB or less, I would totally use www.savefile.com because it has unlimited downloads!

If it's between 61MB-100MB, use www.rapid share.de (without the space)

if it's more than 100MB, www.yousend it.com (no space) is your best bet since megaupload is very slow to upload and to use.

if you need any help, you can send it to me with you send it and I will gladly reupload it for everyone:
just go to the website, put in my email, you don't even need to put in your email, select your file and click SEND IT, then just leave your browser open until it's sent!

U2rules@U2.com

Frank has kindly offered to mail me a disk with the clips... I will be sure to share once I receive :drool:

Back
Top Bottom