(12-17-2004) Bono Walks Among His People - Showbiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/u2-video1.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Walks Among His People

Yesterday stunned Irish people stood with mouths agape as their Messiah walked humble and hooded amongst them to bestow on them his Christmas gift: The Next U2 Video...

Dublin is awash with the world's media and hardcore fans at the moment as Irish supergroup U2 are in mid-production for their new video Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own.

And as part of the shoot which includes scenes from the band's youth growing up in Dublin, Bono took a walk down Grafton Street from his favourite club Lillies Bordello through the Christmas shoppers as far as the turnoff for the stage door for the Gaiety Theatre.

As Bono walked down the busy Street Larry Mullen stood on a Cherry-Picker Crane at the other end of the filming the chaos as his pal struggled through the Dublin crowd.

Bono also visited the Ballymun house he grew up in and the box-room bedroom where he had his first dreams of fame-and-fortune. The house in now occupied by the Ryan family who Bono referred to as "very cool people."

According to Bono the theme of the video is loosely based around scenes from his youth and retracing them, but more than this it is a "tribute to my old-man Bob."

Although you'd think a band like U2 would have their video shoots well prepared and scripted to the finest detail? Not so... Bono said of the shoot with tongue firmly planted in his cheek: "we're making it up as we're going along."

Aren't we all Bono...

u2-video1.jpg

u2-video4.jpg

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/december04/17-u2171.shtml

This sounds awesome and will definately elevate this song as a U2 classic, much like the One videos did.

Scenes from his youth and old home, wow, this is gonna be great, and i love that its spontanious. I hope they are using footage of him struggling through the crowd of shoppers, plus the theatre footage...I smell video of the year and song of the year, next Grammies.

I agree, innocent_eyes, this does have the makings of a GREAT video!

Sorry that those of us in North America won't get a first peak at it as the rest of the world. Still can't figure that one out.:scratch:

Anyway, the pics of Larry are beautiful (have we ever seen him smile so broadly?) and the pics of Bono walking down those familiar streets are REALLY TOUCHING.

Bono walking amongst his people - an almost biblical reference.
:angel:

I love the idea.

BONO IS JUST THE BEST....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom