(12-16-2004) U2 Hit a Million! - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 HIT A MILLION!

U2’s next single will be ’SOMETIMES YOU CAN’T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN’ - and their new album has now sold a million in the UK.

The song, the second to be lifted from ’How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’, will be released on February 7.

The track will be feature a Jacknife Lee remix of ‘Ave Maria’ sung by Bono with Pavarotti, the ‘Vertigo Redanka Remix’, and the Jacknife Lee remix of ’Fast Cars’.

The DVD features a live performance of ’Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own’ from the band's Dublin studio and a Trent Reznor ‘Vertigo’.

NME.COM has also learned that ’How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb’ have reached one million in the UK in the four weeks since it went on sale.

http://www.nme.com/news/110848.htm

I think NME has confused 'selling to customers' with 'shipped to retailers'. After 3 weeks HTDAAB has sold about 500,000 copies to consumers. No way they have sold another 500,000 albums to consumers these past 3 days. Now, 1 million copies to retailers could be possible (making it triple platinum as there is a platinum certification for every 300,000 copies shipped).

C ya!

Marty

I try to keep up with info on both my favorite bands and the second one being NIN and I never heard of a Trent Reznor/U2 collaboration before!!

And Trent has been pretty busy lately trying to finish the latest NIN album due in March.

Anyone got info on this Trent Reznor remix of vertigo?

Back
Top Bottom