(12-11-2006) All I Want is Honolulu - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
All I Want is Honolulu

Wonderful closing night with Pearl Jam in Hawaii and lots of surprise touches as Vertigo 05/06 comes to a close twenty months after it opened in San Diego last March .

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was in the set, Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong joined the band for The Saints Are Coming and Eddie Vedder and Mike McCready of Pearl Jam arrived on stage for 'Rockin' in the Free World'. All I Want Is You closed the night .. and the tour. Full report coming up, meantime here's what they played.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
I Still Haven’t Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day
Angel of Harlem
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The First Time
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (in the Name of Love)
Where the Streets have no Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Window in the Skies
The Saints are Coming
Rockin’ in the Free World
All I Want is You

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2075

Yep! Awesome show! I was there!

And WGRYWH was not planned. There was a guy from the audience that said he could play the piano part. Bono asked the guys if they remembered it. He told Edge go get the chords from the young man. It was a rough start but they finally got it together. After the song the guy gave Bono a huge hug and jumped up and down as he ran back down the runway to his spot on the floor.

:sad: I'm just so sad..I missed the Whole Tour! First time since 1981.....! It still does not mean I am any less a fan after all these years! I just pray the next tour is not all that long from now...!:slant:

Larry was the last one to exit the stage and he actually went to the mike and thanked everyone and said they would be back soon. :wink:

The Hawaii show was a very special show, I enjoyed it very much.

I attended this one and it was great!!!
I stood right behind Ann, Ava and Elvis. Poor kids were wearing head phones so the loud music wouldn't hurt.
I really wished Bono saw me though, he noticed me at the Las Vegas show...thought he would notice me this time, no.

Back
Top Bottom