(12-08-2006) Bono Impersonator Donates Locks - KGMB*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Impersonator Donates Locks

Brian Berusch

If you thought you saw an early glimpse of Bono at a Paul Brown Salon today, you were mistaken.

Paul Easter is the official Bono impersonator. He actually travels with the band, arriving a week prior to U2 shows, building hype and revving up crowds.

Today, he was here for another cause other than hyping up one of the world's most famous bands. Easter is a cancer survivor, having been diagnosed with cancer of the thyroid, and undergoing invasive surgery to remove the tumor.

Today he was cutting his hair to match Bono's as well as to donate the remnants to charity. The organization is called "Locks of Love" and they take donated locks of hair to make wigs for children who have lost theirs due to cancer treatment.

Paul Brown snipped a 2 year ponytail that Easters had been growing. When Bono cut his hair short, Easter had to match the famous singers.

People on Oahu can donate their locks on Sunday, December 17th at Stafford's Boutique Salon & Say Spa between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. They request only 10 inches of hair or longer can be accepted. Call 396-0747 for an appointment.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=9894&sid=1183

Yeah, it's nice...but I don't buy the "offical impersonator who travels with the band" part. He would have cut his hair months ago! (Besides, according to some earlier reports, it was some guy named "Barry".)

Sighting

This seems like the most appropriate place to post this. A friend told me he saw Bono at the Pipeline on Wednesday night. There was a maxim party or something. Can anyone confirm or deny this? See pic:

Bono.jpg

My eyes arent good enough to compare him to this pic. hxxp://www.maximexposure.com./pages/photos.php?page=3&city=280&pictures_type=photo See the one at the bottom in the middle for the white guy.

HIS NAME IS MATT EASTER. NOT PAUL EASTER.

I got to know him personally. :)

It's hard to tell who that is in that pic up there.

If anyone wants pics of me and MATT Easter, the Bono impersonator, who does not travel "WITH" the band, but hits up the towns they are visiting before they hit the town, message me.

Thanks Bye!

Last edited:
OH and I heard Bono was supposed to be at the Maxim party by some locals but not too sure of the source.

My friend also says that Bono is staying in the Diamond Head area during the Honolulu stay. Again, not too sure of the sources.

HelloAngel said:
Bono Impersonator Donates Locks

Brian Berusch

If you thought you saw an early glimpse of Bono at a Paul Brown Salon today, you were mistaken.

Paul Easter is the official Bono impersonator. He actually travels with the band, arriving a week prior to U2 shows, building hype and revving up crowds.

Today, he was here for another cause other than hyping up one of the world's most famous bands. Easter is a cancer survivor, having been diagnosed with cancer of the thyroid, and undergoing invasive surgery to remove the tumor.

Today he was cutting his hair to match Bono's as well as to donate the remnants to charity. The organization is called "Locks of Love" and they take donated locks of hair to make wigs for children who have lost theirs due to cancer treatment.

Paul Brown snipped a 2 year ponytail that Easters had been growing. When Bono cut his hair short, Easter had to match the famous singers.

People on Oahu can donate their locks on Sunday, December 17th at Stafford's Boutique Salon & Say Spa between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. They request only 10 inches of hair or longer can be accepted. Call 396-0747 for an appointment.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=9894&sid=1183

His name is Matt Easter.....He seems like a really nice person. Especially to donate his hair to locks of love, thats very kind.....but I was at the Luau on Dec 8th in Hawaii at the waterpark....and I seriously could not believe my ears.....He's a cancer survivor trying to help other cancer patients and that is GREAT.....but he should maybe stick to doing things of that nature.....and before I say anything, this is only MY opinion, but I walked in and walked out of the Luau. I Couldn't believe my ears. He's not a very good singer and doesn't resemble bono at all......Any REAL U2 fan would say the same.....I think my ears were bleeding....Unforgettable Fire would of done a way better job !!! But once again, just my opinion, I'm sure he's a great person.....

Traveling with the band? Whatever....
People really need to get their info straight before they publish it.
Great cause tho....

Re: Sighting

pinkpocky said:
This seems like the most appropriate place to post this. A friend told me he saw Bono at the Pipeline on Wednesday night. There was a maxim party or something. Can anyone confirm or deny this? See pic:

Bono.jpg

My eyes arent good enough to compare him to this pic. hxxp://www.maximexposure.com./pages/photos.php?page=3&city=280&pictures_type=photo See the one at the bottom in the middle for the white guy.

Was the person in that pic actually claiming to be Bono? I can't tell from what you said. If so, that's appalling. That is so obviously NOT Bono. What a pig to try to take people in that way...jerk. What is with this plague of Bono impersonators lately?

I don't mind impersonators as long as they don't actually deceive people. Recently, I was reading this girl's blog and she had these pics taken of her with "Bono" and she was obviously floored that it happened, all her friends posted about it. Yeah it was sooooo definitely NOT Bono, this guy even had the longer hair and the pics were taken in May after Bono got his head buzzed. It was devastating explaining to her she was so tricked.

I wasn't aware there is an official impersonator sanctioned by the band... :eyebrow:

Matt Easter is not 'sanctioned' by the band, nor does he ever pretend that he's really Bono, other than being on stage. People were floored by him nonetheless, including myself. He'll take pictures with you, but he'll outright tell you that his name is MATT not Bono. I have pictures of Matt and I and people are often thinking that it's Bono. I like them to think that it is, but it's a farce that will only backfire so I tell the truth.
I have one question though, is Matt married? Just curious.

absintheminded said:
Matt Easter is not 'sanctioned' by the band, nor does he ever pretend that he's really Bono, other than being on stage. People were floored by him nonetheless, including myself. He'll take pictures with you, but he'll outright tell you that his name is MATT not Bono. I have pictures of Matt and I and people are often thinking that it's Bono. I like them to think that it is, but it's a farce that will only backfire so I tell the truth.

Well, good for him. Maybe if he runs into the other jerks he can tell them to grow up and get a life. Being Bono for fun/U2 tribute band = haha good times; pretending to actually BE Bono and tricking people = pathetic.

Interesting. A friend of mine here on Saipan just e-mailed me last week to say that her friend claimed to have met Bono in Hawaii.

She then sent me a second e-mail entiled "Bono or not Bono" (which tells me that she herself had doubts) with the picture of her friend and "Bono." It was so obviously NOT Bono! I wrote back and told her I was pretty sure that wasn't him.

I think I deleted the e-mail but if I can find the blog the picture was posted on I'll post it here. Maybe it's this fellow Matt. Though as far as I can tell this guy never told these people he wasn't Bono and they seem to believe they met the real thing.

Re: Re: (12-08-2006) Bono Impersonator Donates Locks - KGMB*

OOTSEY said:

His name is Matt Easter.....He seems like a really nice person. Especially to donate his hair to locks of love, thats very kind.....but I was at the Luau on Dec 8th in Hawaii at the waterpark....and I seriously could not believe my ears.....He's a cancer survivor trying to help other cancer patients and that is GREAT.....but he should maybe stick to doing things of that nature.....and before I say anything, this is only MY opinion, but I walked in and walked out of the Luau. I Couldn't believe my ears. He's not a very good singer and doesn't resemble bono at all......Any REAL U2 fan would say the same.....I think my ears were bleeding....Unforgettable Fire would of done a way better job !!! But once again, just my opinion, I'm sure he's a great person.....

Oh God, was this the singer at the ETS party? I felt bad for the rest of Vertigo USA because they are a great band but this guy was making them look horrible and wasn't their usual singer.

I stayed for 1 set but couldn't take anymore.

Back
Top Bottom