(12-08-2004) 'MTV Jammed U2', This Friday - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'MTV Jammed U2', This Friday

'MTV Jammed U2', shot when the band played live in Brooklyn two weeks ago, will air on MTV this Friday.

The show will feature the band debuting songs from 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' as they played a spontaneous free show in the shadow of Brooklyn Bridge.

The programme will also feature footage of the band being filmed for their forthcoming video for 'All Because of You' - performing on a 48ft flatbed truck travelling the ten miles from Harlem, down to Colombus, Union Square, Time Square, Houston and over Manhattan Bridge, before arriving for the 'Jammed' gig.

'MTV Jammed U2' premieres this Friday, airtimes as follows:

MTV
12/10 - 9pm,
12/14 - 2am

MTV2
12/13 - 8:30pm
12/16 - 10:30am, 9:30pm,
12/20 - 1am, 11:30pm

( All US Eastern Standard Times)

If it´s just gonna be 30mins, they can´t air the whole show, which they should... 1 hour premiere would be great...

I think the tour dates may be announced in conjunction with this special. That's the word around these forums at least. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

damnit, I'm gonna have to see if my dad can tape this or something... I don't have cable at my mom's... must...see...U2... @____@

WOOHOO! An excuse to not go out on Friday night!

I'm not anti-social, but lately all this going out has started to ring up quite a bill. So if I can find a good reason to stay home on Friday night, I usually take it.

Expect 5-6 songs at the most.

OH NO!!! Memories of "Making the Video" are haunting me. According to my digital cable listings, I see no mtvJammed for anywhere Friday night.

Is there a difference between MTV and the MTV that I would receive in Canada?

-------------
Just checked and there is definitely a difference in airtimes for MTV Canada and MTV. mtvJammed isn't even listed in the program directory. Guess I'll have to wait for the torrent....again. Thank YOU mtvCanada for never airing the U2 stuff!

Last edited:
yeh same here i just went down to the living room to try and copy it and something else is apparently on at 9 so yeh.. sounded like one hell of a program and we're let down again! 48ft truck! COME ON!

They did sound good. I cannot wait until tour dates are announced...I don't care what it takes, I will find a way to see these guys in concert. Yes.

I can't believe that one guy got pulled up to play drums when they were on that flatbed thing! Talk about lucky! I loved seeing the reactions of the crowd (heh, my dad was watching it with me and when I told him what was going on at the beginning, he jokingly said, "So you're telling me that these guys have a penchant for civil disobedience and disorder in large American cities?" :p).

Angela

Party Boy said:
Any confirmed dates or times for UK/Europe?

MTV Jammed (Entertainment)
Starting: 16:30 on Friday 24th December. Duration: 30 minutes
Showing on MTV UK.

Still no sign of the making of Vertigo though?:(

MTV Jammed show

have searched like crazy to see u2's NYC performance on MTV, but can't find it. The times on U2.com don't correspond with MTV's tv schedule. Am i being extremly thick or are other people having similar difficutlies?

VERTIGO - MAKING THE VIDEO

The making of Vertigo was aired on MTV on Thursday 2nd December. Was pretty cool. Then the following night they played 3 tracks on Jonathan Ross' Friday night show. Sometimes you can't make it own your own is a classic which will be up there alongside One and With or Without You.
Have seen them live 23 times - the best was at Madison Square Gardens, NYC on June 17th 2001. It was a truly great night - my mate and i managed to get in the heart, right at the front. Magical.

Chags, Birmingham, UK
schagar@alexanderchapel.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom