(12-08-2004) Bono to Edit BBC Radio Today Show -- BBC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono to Edit BBC Radio Today Show

U2 singer Bono is to take over the UK's most prestigious radio news programme, BBC Radio 4's Today, for one morning after Christmas.

The rock star and global campaigner is one of five high-profile figures given the chance to dictate the news agenda.

The Duchess of York, director Anthony Minghella, businessman Sir Richard Branson and philosopher Baroness Onora O'Neill will also pick topics to cover.

They will be in the editor's seat for one day each from 27-31 December.

It follows a similar scheme last year when Radiohead singer Thom Yorke, novelist Monica Ali and Professor Stephen Hawking were put in charge.

The Duchess of York plans to highlight motor neurone disease
Bono, who has campaigned on issues including third world debt and Aids, recently said he wanted to "spend the rest of my life" trying to eradicate extreme poverty.

"I have to confess, I'm not a natural editor," he said.

"I want to start the countdown to next year, when Britain can change the world for the poorest people on the planet."

The UK will take over the presidencies of the European Union and the G8 group of nations in 2005.

The Duchess of York said: "Today is the most important news programme in Britain so I couldn't resist the chance to use it to highlight serious issues like the terribly debilitating motor neurone disease."

Today editor Kevin Marsh said: "Last year's experiment drew such interest from well known listeners we thought we would try it again, with a great range of new guest editors."

The BBC stressed the guest editors would work with the usual Today team to ensure their material was newsworthy and stayed within BBC producers' guidelines.

--BBC

This should be very interesting with Bono at the controls of programming.:ohmy:

I'm sure he will have a great mix of music news and world news - especially regarding Global AIDS and extreme poverty in the world.

I can't wait to hear the show!

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom