(12-06-2004) Bono: 'Robbie Left UK to Achieve American Chart Glory' -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono: "Robbie Left UK to Achieve American Chart Glory"

U2 frontman BONO has blasted reports pop star ROBBIE WILLIAMS set up home in Los Angeles to escape his fame in Britain, insisting the move was motivated by his desire to succeed in America.

The iconic Irishman dispels theories Williams is simply a hitmaking machine, describing him as a genuinely troubled poet in contemporary music.

And he rejects rumours Williams quit his fast-paced UK lifestyle in favour of a more tranquil existence.

The PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE) star says, "I love him. I think he has a poetic nature and a pop nature - two sides to him. The poetic nature is the lyrical side and his vulnerable side and the pop thing is his performer, the mischief in his eyes.

"He's trying to break the US and he's prepared to humble himself in a way a lot of other people are not."

--contactmusic

Funny, I always thought Robin Williams WAS American...shows how ignorant I am. I loved his movie, "Mrs. Doubtfire," and come to think of it, he did have a British accent in that one.

Fame is a funny thing though....when did he start calling himself "Robbie" anyway?

:wink:

Hmmm Yes agree to the ignorance my friend...

Robbie Williams is a pop star from the UK, former member of some shocking boy band, redeemed himself however by covering swing music in a massive gig at the Royal Albert Hall...

Robin Williams is a comedian from the US, the one who starred in Mrs Doubtfire, and has one of the funniest stand ups ever to be released to DVD Robin Williams: Live on Broadway...

As far as I know they are not related...

As for Bono's comment pretty much spot on I say, although I don't think I'd call it a blasting?

Actually that was sarcasm...not everyone can understand my quirky use of it though:wink:

Robbie is a fairly big star here in Canada I think. He gets pretty good air time on radio and music stations.

That "rock-dj" song is ok...and the "angel" one....and the one where he's riding a horse in the video....hmm....actual titles escape me.....but I think he IS talented.

He's a like a little Elton John with better hair

I happen to love Robbie :drool: and I don't care who knows it...lol. I think it was awesome of Bono to stand up for him and I agree with Bono. Everyone one wants to bash him, but he's not that bad...honest. But I guess I would defend him in almost anything he'd do...lol

Lori

Back
Top Bottom