(12-02-2005) Steve Morse's Top 10 U2 shows - Boston Globe*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Steve Morse's Top 10 U2 shows

Longtime Boston Globe writer Steve Morse is leaving the paper after 31 years. As part of his departure, he has compiled a tremendous look back on U2's career as well.

To read the article, go here.

Hey if he's been seeing them since '81 he's obviously a big fan, but "The Zoo Station tour"? and "Elevation CD"? Kind of defeats the purpose of writing a devoted retrospective.

As a Boston-based fan, I was disappointed they weren't all New England shows. But I guess if you've been with the paper that long, you can convince them to fly you to Vegas and Florida for the tour openers....

Re: May 26th, 2005, Fleet Center

and the first to include diehard-fan favorite "Gloria.''

He got that wrong, was played at several Vertigo shows before 5/26, although only four times since that show.

Pop Artist said:
Re: May 26th, 2005, Fleet Center

and the first to include diehard-fan favorite "Gloria.''

He got that wrong, was played at several Vertigo shows before 5/26, although only four times since that show.

He may have been just referring to the Boston shows.

I was at the 9-17-87, 8-20-92 and 5-26-05 shows and would agree with with 9-17 & 5-26 being great shows.. 8-20 I don't remember much of it...6-8-01 was on of the best shows I've seen (all I want, angel of, sweetest things,11 o'clock tick) ..we'll see how tomorrow12-4 and 12-7 go ...my first Hartford show since Authung and the site of my first show in the spring of 87 J.T. tour:drool:

Back
Top Bottom