(12-02-2004) Mana Chills With Bono -- RollingStone.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Mana Chills With Bono

Multi-platinum Mexican rockers MANA's "Acceso Total -- Giro Mundial" DVD spans a year of touring in Europe, South America and the U.S. -- and features time spent with BONO, CARLOS SANTANA and SALMA HAYEK. "We gave Bono one of the best tequilas from Guadalajara," drummer ALEX GONZALEZ told Rolling Stone. "We were drinking, talking politics and the environment." Vocal environmentalists, Mana are also shown being honored at the United Nations. Gonzalez explained, "We've tried to follow in the footsteps of guys who have inspired us: John Lennon, Sting, Bono."

--RollingStone.com

for anyone who's familiar with Mana, they've been considered one of the best bands in Mexico since the early 90's where they had a knack for Beatle-type melodies and U2-ish lyrics.........great stuff their last album (Revolucion de Amor) is extremely U2 influenced but great in it's own right...if anyone is interested I'd definitely recommend at least 6 essential tracks........plus they're great in concert too

Xavier

I remember mentioning Mana in these forums once, I called them the Latin version of U2.

But there was a guy in here that completely bashed me for saying that. He literally ripped me a new one.

I never replied because other Interference members replied and told him to back off, to respect everyone's opinions and incouraged members to ignore his post.

Unfortunately, I never understood why he was so offended by my statement. Anyone know? Its been about 4 years since that happened and i'm still wondering.

Mana are a great band! I've been lucky enough to go see them in concert and they are just awesome!! They are a rock band that record great albums!

dejame entrar ya, en el umndo te tus suenos
Deja clavarme ya, y dejame entrar

Quality track, good band, but not as good as La Ley de chile

Back
Top Bottom