(11-23-2005) Eight And Out - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Eight And Out

The band played their eighth show of the year at Madison Square Garden tonight and, with Patti Smith in support, if you were there you'd have said they left the best till last. Here's what they played.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co.
I Still Haven’t Found
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One

Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Stuck in a Moment
Instant Karma

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1818

Yahweh_OMG said:
:yell: worst setlist of the whole Tour.....

I can´t believe the s*** they´re playing :censored: :down: :silent: :madspit: :mad:

PS: for the U2 team hidden here: PLEASE, tell the band we´re sick of this kind of bulls*** setlists :mad:

We need VARIATION, SURPRISES (as Dirty Day, Acrobat, One Tree Hill, EBTTRT, Please, etc) :shocked: , and ROCK NUMBERS (as Mofo, Discotheque, HMTMKMKM, In God´s Country, etc):rockon:

Last edited:
They are not playing for those who attend nearly every shwo, or track them down from the internet, but for the crowd that is in the stadium at the very day.

Why complaining about that? The songs are geat, and they can't play everything.

For U2 it's getting more and more impossible to satisfy the fans.

another interesting tidbit from last night was the show seemed to be videotaped, there was some guy with a camera onstage the whole night, any idea what that was about?

the 11/21 show was videotaped as well...that cameraman was on the stage for the entire show - both shows.

Sleep Over Jack said:
Ponkine shows his idiocy once again.

estoy aburrido de imbéciles como tú que lo único que hacen son ataques personales, demostrando tu incultura y tu incapacidad para aceptar que otros no somos unos idiotas como tú que aceptan todo a ojos cerrados. Me tienes aburrido de toda la mierda que escribes en contra mía, déjate de joder imbécil !!!!!

Sleep Over Jack said:
Ponkine shows his idiocy once again.

Please stop with the personal attacks. If you have an issue with a forum member, just take it off of the forum and continue it in private.

No matter what I post Hello Angel, he always spit offensive words against me :tsk: and he loves to do that :(

I was there and thought the show was going great until the abrupt ending.. and even that didn't bother me so much as it perplexed and concerned me. :shrug:

yeah i have just read about all this stuff with the abrupt ending and them not playing yahweh and 40 at the end.................people have been saying that Bono kept nudging Patti Smith to sing her lines and pointing to the telepromter, and that bono was clearly singing some of her lines....then he took her off stage and the band followed....only to return to do one more verse of the song and then just left the stage and that was it!

sounds very bizarre to me, if not a little concerning........i'd aalso heard that Patti had spat at larry!?!?!?!?! hmmmm :eyebrow:

and the setlist seems a bit poo coz it was cut short....and i agree...i like it when they do little surprises instead of sticking to the same setlist.....i love it when they revive the older, less well known songs that you would never expect them to play.......i think that creates more excitement than some of there well known songs they play night in night out.

Nix
xxxx<3

I enjoyed the show last night. I learned the hard way that U2 has to play certain songs for the people that aren't die hard fans like we are. I don't like a lot of the songs they choose and wish for many different songs but if I was a casual fan that knew their popular stuff, I would have thought the show rocked.

nikkyjade said:
yeah i have just read about all this stuff with the abrupt ending and them not playing yahweh and 40 at the end.................people have been saying that Bono kept nudging Patti Smith to sing her lines and pointing to the telepromter, and that bono was clearly singing some of her lines....then he took her off stage and the band followed....only to return to do one more verse of the song and then just left the stage and that was it!

Nix
xxxx<3

wait, so this was for the finale that Patti came out to join in Instant Karma?! Have they done that before, to close or elsewise? and I thought the band were buds with Patti?!
(sorry for my ignorance...)
what are the karmic implications of a dis-jointed and possibly dis-spiriting performance of instant karma? I'm getting a sharp headache contemplating...
:huh:
i'm glad the people present enjoyed the show though!
wish i'd been there...
cheers all!

Last edited:
yeah it was the finale....but previous nights Instant Karma was in the final encore...but was followed by Bad or a couple of other songs. apparently yahweh and 40 were printed on the set list.

i have only found this from @u2 from fan reviews and they were all generally of the same opinion....that the show was brilliant but the ending was abrupt and strange. they didnt even say goodbye properly...none of the usual thanks for coming, thanks for giving us a great life...blah blah blah....it was just a few waves :shrug:

it all sounds odd to me

anyway....i hope all those who went enjoyed the show....im sure it was amazing as usual

I was there and the show was fantastic. The ending was kind of bizarre and left me amoung others confused. Yes Patti was singing IK at the end, and she seemed to not quite know what was going on. Bono kind of helped her off the stage, while the rest of the band followed. Edge and Adam still were playing and then they all came back out to sing another verse. It didn't seem to work and they just left. The audience, I believe, was supposed to sing "We all shout on..........." but it didn't p[an out well. I thought for sure Bono would come back out and sing Yahweh, 40 and or Bad but the house lights went up. It left us all confused..........

Patti spit all over the stage but NOT at Larry.

disculpa pero no puedes decir que las canciones que tocaron son una mierda ponkine y que todo es una mierda.....sabes que no es asi.....tampoco estoy de acuerdo en los ataques, pero quiza hay algo...tal vez estas siempre haciendo comentarios negativos y eso motiva a ese sujeto a joder.....
Bueno me da gusto de igual forma que U2 este por Santiago, estare por ahi el 26 de febrero
Suerte!

kassandra said:
I was there and the show was fantastic. The ending was kind of bizarre and left me amoung others confused. Yes Patti was singing IK at the end, and she seemed to not quite know what was going on. Bono kind of helped her off the stage, while the rest of the band followed. Edge and Adam still were playing and then they all came back out to sing another verse. It didn't seem to work and they just left. The audience, I believe, was supposed to sing "We all shout on..........." but it didn't p[an out well. I thought for sure Bono would come back out and sing Yahweh, 40 and or Bad but the house lights went up. It left us all confused..........

Patti spit all over the stage but NOT at Larry.

oh right....thanks for clearing that up!

glad you enjoyed it regardless of the ending! i would give my left arm to see them again on this tour! i miss them over here...spend too much time in the US damnit!:(

Be gentle -- it's my first post. If this question is out of line, please let me know. I am a part of the team that made the "Original Of The Species" video, and at the 11/22 concert Bono gave us a shout out. Is there any way, without violating any laws, that I could get an audio file of just our shout out?

Much appreciated...

-Andy M

if you are part of the OOTS video team........then BLOODY GREAT job! its their best video EVER! its so beautiful and Bono gave an amazing and emotional performance in it (did he actually cry!?) everyone i know in the Bonoonline forum have said its truly amazing so well done!!!

and if you want that shout out.....go to this link and set up a new topic if you can? someone will be sure to help you out there!

http://forum.interference.com/f292.html

Love Nikky
xxx<3

Back
Top Bottom