(11-23-2004) No 'Fast Cars' in Brazil -- Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
No "Fast Cars" in Brazil

Brazilian fan Joao has let Interference.com of a labeling error on the limited-edition version of "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb." The label says the CD has 12 tracks, meaning "Fast Cars" is included, but the actual disc has only 11 tracks. Universal Brazil has publicly acknowledged the mistake to the Brazilian press.

I don't blame you for being angry, I would be too if this excellent track was left off the Irish version.
I don't really understand this, why leave other countries a track short, it doesn,t make any F**king sence and it's unfair on fans who have supported the band in these countries.
As Spock would say "this is not logical"

The reason they do it is that countries like those in the UK and Japan charge quite a bit more for CDs than other countries do. Therefore, in order to persuade people in the UK and Japan to buy CDs from those countries rather than importing cheaper versions, they include extra songs to make them more appealing.

On the complete u2 they have a version of fast cars called, xanex and wine. Its a whole lot better than fast cars in my opinion.

plot180 said:
The reason they do it is that countries like those in the UK and Japan charge quite a bit more for CDs than other countries do. Therefore, in order to persuade people in the UK and Japan to buy CDs from those countries rather than importing cheaper versions, they include extra songs to make them more appealing.

I wouldn't have a clue what the cost of CD's are in the US. I know I paid £15 for the collectors edition in the UK....what that converts to in US$, I don't know!
I think that even if the CD was the same as it was in every other country, U2 fans in the UK would still have bought it....I certainly would have! Price had nothing to do with it!
Also, in the past, U2 have brought out CD's or extra tracks elsewhere in the world which were not available here.
One example which springs to mind is U2 7. That was only available in the States wasn't it? Or maybe I'm wrong!
I'm sure there are others also.

Back
Top Bottom