(11-20-2007) U2 star enjoys a different sort of homecoming - Irish Independent*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
U2 star enjoys a different sort of homecoming

By Anne-Marie Walsh

BONO has had a sort of homecoming after submitting his DNA for a pioneering test.

The U2 frontman underwent an analysis of his genetic material in order to trace his ancestral heritage back to the earliest civilisations.

The 'National Geographic' Geneographic home test kit showed that the singer's ancestors settled in Viking country -- Scandinavia -- having originally travelled from Africa.

Based on an analysis of his DNA, a map was drawn up showing the migration patterns of his matrilineal and patrilineal ancestors.

Investigators discovered that the Dublin singer's ancestors migrated out of Africa to Europe.

A spokesperson for the famous magazine said Bono's results were bound to have meant a lot to the 'Make Poverty History' campaigner, who has long had an affinity with Africa.

- Anne-Marie Walsh

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/u2-star-enjoys-a-different-sort-of-homecoming-1222009.html

Considering that all of the modern people, the homo sapiens sapiens, migrated from Africa, it's making sense, I guess.
But still, that explains a lot. ;)

This DNA testing for genetic s is becoming really popular. It is expensive, ranging around $350 for the test. I think it is cool, and since my family is at a standstill with our geneological search (early 1700's E London Docklands) we have asked a family member if he would do this test but he is being rather evasive for whatever reasons. We will back off but pursue it again with the hope that it will bring us some answers just like Bono has gotten.

:up: How cool!

Poor Bono! He's not ethnically Irish as he always loved to claim. And he called Larry 'that bloody Viking!' He's one too!

As for Africa, well, that is the cradle of mankind, EVERYONE'S relatives could technically be traced back there, doesn't mean he's immediately related to anyone he met there.

This is quite possibly the stupidest article about U2 I've seen in some time.

Loar said:
This is quite possibly the stupidest article about U2 I've seen in some time.

The article is not "about U2". It is about Bono having submitted to a genetic DNA test in order to trace to his ancestors. This DNA testing is becoming more and more popular in the Acestral-Search fields.

Back
Top Bottom