(11-20-2004) Propaganda Back in Business? -- Interference.com* - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > 'Zine (archived) > U2 News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2004, 03:19 AM   #21
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:30 PM
Dp you guys think that we will be able to choose what type tickets we want (like propaganda) or will it be like the u2.com presale last which had no guarantees of GA ?

EvolutionMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:03 AM   #22
Babyface

Local Time: 02:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by danielconway
[B]This is really a load of bull. I'm NOT happy about this...really should have given their fan base at least a year free.

They've been sitting on our money all of this time and now we have to fork over MORE?? in order to receive our benefits??? That wasn't part of the agreement when we signed up.

Wake up people.....I love U2 but we are getting screwed and tattoed here....

I agree completely...one year free subscription would have been the least you could expect...I'm very dissapointed about that development. And very curious to see wether my repeated mails to propaganda concerning me moving houses have been received and entered into their systems

JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:22 PM   #23
War Child

Anyone in the UK recieved one of these letters? I wasn't lucky enough to be a subscriber to propaganda the first time round but would love to take advantage of some sort of official U2 fan club this time round and am just wondering how much it'll cost me in pound sterling??
Princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #24
Refugee

Wjat if you are a emember of the U2.com mailing list alreasy, but maybe yr Prop subscription ran out? Does that count as being a emember since this is run thru U2.com? Or will I have to pay the $40?
Teta040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:28 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 08:30 PM
I have been a Prop member since 1987... (Sounds like the intro to a self-help group circle) During Achtung, tickets purchased through the mag were amazing...6th row center at Dodger's Statium for three nights in a row... 1st row center in SF. All this without waiting in lines or paying a cent about face price. For the Pop tour, I got tickets closer to mid-way back on the floor. For Elevation, it was shyte GA seats because I fell for the package deal, which included meeting other idiot fans in a fake Irish bar and then busing to the Arena (which ment being too late to get anywhere near the heart). I renewed my subcription 4 years ago and I have since received only 1 edition since. No notice, no explanation. No letter such as the above. Love U2, but I won't fall for this again...
Renrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #26
Babyface

Local Time: 09:30 PM
The biggest question here is how many tickets are they gonna allot us? Only 4 for the Elevation tour, and that ain't nearly enough...as far as paying $20-40 for membership...who cares as long as it gets you tickets....
MrU2Macphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 08:17 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 06:30 PM
The problems that I have:

- From experience on other "priority ticket" internet sites -- it is always very difficult to get through. I just trust a person on the other end opening envelopes a lot more that the randomness of the web. Great that we are (hopefully) getting tickets but lets remember that we are still paying for them.

- Money is still money - even though $20 is not a lot - it might be to some people. And really it's about THE POWER OF ACCUMULATION...the more money you have, the more it compounds, the more it accumulates...they've held onto our money, it has grown for them. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with them asking for MORE -- to me it's pushing the envelope and smells of GREED.

- An original agreement is actually a contract, isn't it???

Don't be evil.
Westport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #28
Babyface

Well, the website is still lame, with no mention of a Members Only area. I guess we are banking on it to be there tomorrow hand in hand with the US album release? My figers are crossed. I am hoping to see them as much as possible this time around. Does anyone have an idea of whether or not I will have a chance to see them in Dublin, or is it usually impossible to attend?

Mike
ktrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #29
The Fly

Local Time: 10:30 PM
I am very excited about this. The benefit of getting better tickets is worth it alone. During the Elevation tour, I saw U2 in Detroit and was literally in the last row. Surprisingly, it was still awesome! The closest I got was during Popmart on Halloween on Larry's birthday, 13th row, WOW! Maybe U2 could offer high quality downloads of the show you saw on their premium site -- at no extra charge. That'd be sweet!

Nate
datatyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #30
Babyface

Local Time: 09:30 PM
I paid the $40 today on U2.com. If I get tickets without the hassles of waiting in line and risking getting shutout, it is worth it. If I get screwed and I just get the "chance" to get tickets, I will not be happy. If anyone gets any more info about it, please post it.
PghFan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #31
Refugee

HOW do you get through??? I tried the site but no mention of it anyhere....I went under "shop" --all products but it wasn't there...
Teta040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:14 AM   #32
The Fly

U2 com

How can you register and pay your money on the site as it has not been revamped yet.I am in the UK and have had my letter and card from Propoganda and the offer of paying $20 about £12.
God knows how much tickets will be next year. £50+
brianpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 04:43 PM   #33
Babyface

Any Canadians get the "letter' yet ?

Still waiting here...
AnCatDuhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:10 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrU2Macphisto
The biggest question here is how many tickets are they gonna allot us? Only 4 for the Elevation tour, and that ain't nearly enough...as far as paying $20-40 for membership...who cares as long as it gets you tickets....
"Only" 4???

Take the number of tickets for this tour, divide that by some rough estimate of the number of U2 fans in the world, and let me know the result.
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #35
The Fly

Location: Dublin, Ireland, in a flower bed next to a tulip and a weed.
I laughed when I seen this $40 fee, I already subscribed about two years ago and recieved only one issue of Propaganda.
So now I have to pay another $20 to access a poxy website.
Why should I, I didn't get what I paid for in the first place, and besides, I want something I can hold in my hand and read while I'm having a break in work, or on the bus or whatever.
U2 make enough money without charging fans for access to a website, how about a code in the album sleave, like the Foo Fighters did with the ONE By One album.
Fans pay enough money, so it's unfair that we have to put up with this shite.
It's just a way of milking more money from the bands most loyal fans, I certainly won't be paying this fee.
I refuse to put up with this.
After all, the tickets will be limited anyway, so there's no gaurantee of getting them either way.
I'll take my chances outside the fan club, I will not have my love for this bands music taken advantage of, this really pisses me off.
TheHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #36
Babyface

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Everywhere on the net there's fans discussing the Propaganda letter. Some
received them already, some not. Some people from the USA received them,
some not. As I understand lots of people from the UK got it, some people
from France and other European countries got it, others (like me) don't.

I can't figure out the system Propaganda used in sending those letters.
Don't even know how many letters (how many prop subscribers do they have?)
where being sent.

Is it done by name, or by subsciption number?

They should have sent all letters on the same day, so within a week all
subscribers should have received it. Now some people are getting really
nervous. I'm one of them!
mstephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:28 AM   #37
The Fly

I got the letter and the card today!
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #38
Babyface

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Today? Normally I don't get mail on a monday, maybe today the mailman makes an exception, as I'm Dutch too!
mstephan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:22 AM   #39
The Fly

yes i didnt realise that, probably priority post ?? Who knows

Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote