(11-19-2005) It's Official! Australia To Get Vertigo - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It's Official! Australia To Get Vertigo

Eight years after they last played Australia, U2 are taking the Vertigo Tour to Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney in March. The shows are the first to be announced for 'Vertigo '06' which will kick off in February and also stop in Mexico, South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

U2.Com can exclusively confirm the Australian dates - tickets will go on general sale on Monday December 5th.

Friday March 17 Auckland Ericsson Stadium

Tuesday March 21 Brisbane Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre

Friday March 24 Melbourne Telstra Dome

Tuesday March 28 Adelaide AAMI Stadium

Friday March 31 Sydney Telstra Stadium

Tickets are priced at $99 for General Admission to the stadium field area,with Reserved Seat tickets to be priced between $99 and $199. Ticket sales outlet information will be released one week prior to the on-sale date of December 5.

Since the Vertigo Tour kicked off in San Diego last March, three and a half million fans have filled 110 shows in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, a year after release, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb enjoys 9 million sales worldwide and this week 'U2//Vertigo//2005 Live from Chicago, a live DVD of the show was released worldwide.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1810

Found this on the subscribers section - I'm glad that they are doing this for everyone who didn't get ot use their presale code

Vertigo '06: Australian U2.Com Subscribers.

Australian dates are set to go on sale early next month.

If you are a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused pre-sale ticketing code, you will be emailed in advance of the public onsale with advice on priority ticketing.

Details on Australian dates and venues here

:applaud: .......... (waiting for the mexican dates to be announced :hyper: )

Any news with the official Latin American gigs? :eyebrow:

So far, it seems my news is the official :D

Excellent news for all the Aussie fans! Can we expect a Sydney Pay Per View special ala ZOO TV :drool:

I know, unlikely, but one can dream....oh and let the setlist bitching begin!

This is fanstastic - and they are coming to my home town - 1st time since Zoomerang tour!!!

$99 - $199 is very cheap for concerst here.

Thanks to U2 and being able to use presale code

bring it on!

Adelaideadelaideadelaide

Dam right I am stunned as well!!! I thought we were going to have to get in touch with the Advertiser about starting a petition to get them to Adelaide like they did with Cold Play and Foo Fighters.

I found out the news when I picked up the S/Mail at 6am this morning...nearly woke the whole suburb when I yelled in excitement.

I am so stoked that the band is coming here to Adelaide.

I picked up the sunday mail at 3am this morning, oh geez you should have seen how happy i was! All through these past months there had been no rumours that Adelaide was even a possibility until about yesterday and then BANG front page news.
anyway, what exactly is the AAMI stadium, is it similar to Footy Park, where Zoo TV was?

Hm, I'm planning a trip from Adelaide to Cairns, now I know when to visit each city ;)

ChargedVT said:
[/B]
anyway, what exactly is the AAMI stadium, is it similar to Footy Park, where Zoo TV was? [/B]

Gee, get with the times....

AAMI STADIUM is FOOTBALL PARK...

It's been like that for about 3 or 4 years...

I can tell that you don't follow the footy....

Anyway, bout time U2 are heading this way instead of piss farting around North America all the time....

Shame they are playing at the Telstra Dome/Colonial Stadium/Docklands or whatever it's called venue. It's a crap sporting arena, so hopefully its good for concerts. Would have preferred the MCG....

$99 bucks is less than i expected.

Back
Top Bottom