(11-17-2005) U2 Goes 'Wandering' For Cash Tribute - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Goes 'Wandering' For Cash Tribute

As we had mooted recently, rumors had been flying about that U2 might perform "The Wanderer," -- its collaboration with the late, great and beyond fantastic Man in Black from "Zooropa," -- on "I Walk the Line - A Tribute to Johnny Cash" last night and by George, the rumors were correct!

U2 turned in a stirring performance of the old gem that found Bono singing/speaking Cash's part and Edge singing Bono's falsetto part from the song.

More on the tribute show here.

This was a very moving tribute. I especially liked how Bono switched up the lyrics, paying even more of a tribute to Johnny's faith.

They sounded so good. I loved Edge's singing. I don't ever remember thinking of this as a very catchy tune (not that it was meant to be) but this morning I can't get it out of my head (especially Edge's 'wah-wah-wah-wah-wandering'). Why don't I remember it being this great before?

Someone may have mentioned this already, but does anyone know where this was recorded (although they showed an audience shot at the beginning, the venue looked empty during the performance).

Who has Audio?! I can't get this version out my head either! I taped it but it's crumy VHS recording.

Wow! That performance was scary good. This fantastic song just took on a whole new life. Edge's falsetto was absolutely brilliant, too. Does anyone else think this was one of the best live TV performances by U2 in some time, maybe ever? I do.

CAn someone please send me the audio of "The Wanderer"? It would be so greatly appreciated..oec465@yahoo.com.
Thanks so much, Rick

Back
Top Bottom