(11-16-2005) U2.com Tries Tantalizing Members Back -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not renewing. The presale ticketing stuff is pretty much the only reason I signed up in the first place. :|

It's interesting, I'm not quite sure what to do, as a former Prop Subscriber I felt a little bit done over by the switch but still bought two memberships. On the one hand I was able to get Dublin tickets which I can't possibly complain about on the other in the UK pre-sale I couldn't get tickets for the Twickenham gig when I live 30 minutes from and had to use the subscription for another date, which was fine for me but not so for my friends.

They really need to stop people having multiple subscriptions and need to make sure that those with subscriptions are fans rather than ticket brokers (there are stories around about a broker in London having 200 subscriptions). I don't know how they would do it but it should be done like a football club, I went to 7 dates this tour so I should be given priorirty over somone who went to 2 but someone who went to 10 should get them ahead of me.

Maybe they should introduce a quiz/test when you sign up, if you don't pass no ticket access for you!

I'd like to get the CD/DVD and do read the member-exclusives quite often (mainly for the purposes of our News section) but since I still haven't gotten my keychain, what are the chances the CD/DVD will ever come?

Well...Im really skeptical about re-joining..$32.00 is not very tempting..and I had shitty/over priced seats for the pre-sale and I never recieved my membership card or keychain....U2.com did me wrong at the cost of $40.00..I am not thrilled about re-newing my membership and the saddest thing is that Im gonna miss all the new friends I made there......:sad: .....

1. Site of blinding darkness...
2. Where the site admins have no name
3. Mofo - (For the fantastic idea that red type on a black background is so easy to read:( )
4. Discoteque (For the fantastic idea that there are absolutely no limit in how long a signature can be in Zootopia...)
5. Bad (Do I need to say? U2.com setlists....)
6. "40" (Bucks a year)
7. "32" (New song, where getting there!)
8. One (Special double-CD for next year!)
9. I still haven't found the setlist I was looking for (The edited setlist was also wrong...)
10. Loosing my keyring (REM cover)
11. Mysterious Ways (How to screw up an online ticket sale)
12. Elevation (Hopefully to a higher level than the first year)
13. Vertigo (That top menu has a bit too many elements...)
14. The Electric Co. (Is doing a great job! At least the site never goes down...)
15. Surrender (And let Interference be the official site...)

Encore:
16. All because of U2? (Then why post Bob Geldof news?)
17. Stuck in a moment they couldn't get out of (Ticket sales again)
18. The First Time (Well, better luck next time!)
19. Walk on (To a better second year!)

And yes, I just re-newed my membership :wink: :wink: :wink:

Re: More money for less product

Hawkfire said:
The U2 of the 2000's....less product, but costing more $$$$.

Their website is an embarrassment. It is always late on news, has little valuable content and nothing from the band members themselves. If I wanted to watch U2 videos all day, I guess I'd go there, but short of that...

U2 USED to have a nice little fan club (Propaganda) which I enjoyed being a member of for 7 years or so and faithfully alloted excellent tickets for PopMart and Elevation tours. $20 was a reasonable fee for 4 issues of their erstwhile magazine plus access to the tickets.

Unfortunately, when they pulled their low-class bait and switch in late 2004, I called foul and bailed out (bait and switch meaning they required existing members, most of whom hadn't gotten anywhere close to the 4 mag issues and some of whom hadn't been around for prior-tour ticket access, to pay an additional $20 for essentially the same services they bought in for $20 and hadn't received!)

Time has proven my decision wise. I was out before everyone got screwed in the ticket SNAFU in January. Now look at what we have here - no more ticket access, the only valuable commodity of membership left. You can take all your U2 membership cards, crappy websites, and exclusive music videos you want, but this is GOUGING their own fanbase, pure and simple. Oh but wait you get a CD with 5 tracks that everyone will have in 2 months time anyways! LOL, what a ripoff.

I like U2's music but am less interested in funding Sebastian Clayton's Trust Account.

I hope most U2 fans will see through this thinly veiled ploy at more $$$$.

I ditto that.

:|

When was the last time U2 concerted in Africa? Or, in fact, Bono visited there?
Too busy touring....and for us fans who are not a member of their U2.com fan club you don't get to their concert or have to pay high $$$$.

Just getting tired of the excess of it all.

U2.com isn't getting one more penny of my money, ever. At least not in its current format. Everything about it is an insult to everything U2 is supposed to stand for, and to the fans.

I hope their re-subscription rate is so low that the band will be forced to fire everyone involved and start over.

Can we please start contacting Principle Management again??? This membership renewal and lack of consideration for former Propaganda members is total bullshit.

What is the point of joining the "fan" club when there are no plans to do presales????

We MUST CONTACT PRINCIPLE MANAGEMENT!!! Hey, it worked last time and Larry got involved. They cannot be the "biggest" band in the world and get away with this shit!

Let's get together and do something.

I got the email but have not read it. IS there a Propaganda option or not? Are they redoing the Seperate Propagandas or not? Just to make sure. I want to call FanFire but had a nightmare with them a yr ago when the whole setup thing happened....

How Long... (to sing this sad song)

I never joined and won't this time either.. Don't feel I've missed anything.
They should fire this company. People get downsized and fired for alot less. :madspit:
This is a perfect example of productivity at it's worse. Start again from scratch or better yet just let it go back to the way it was and
go from there.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should Interference be involved with any decision makers that are running U2.com. :shame:

Interference is perfect just the way it is, and improving all the time. :drool: Thank You.

:up: to Elvis and the Mods. It ain't broken, don't fix it, I say.. :heart:

:yes: I agree with Hawkfire and many others here! If they can't deliver what they promised before, esp. Pre-sale~why pay them Again?? I Like getting what I pay for! After Years for fandom-'that's not it'!!!!!:shame: :eyebrow: PS; and I don't Blame the Band either, but we sure could use their help in this!!:sigh:

My suggestion would be for some of you who believe things were done poorly or in bad faith, or for things not delivered etc. to put together "suggested" verbage for others to cut and paste to use to bombard Principle Management offices with to hopefully "do something" different. Other than the U2.com website being difficult to read I've been fairly happy bt then I did receive the bulky oversized metal credit card "key ring" freebie (big deal) and pre sale access got me some great tickets this tour. I understand the mass confusion and frustration. The beginning of the website, membership issues and tour in general happened so fast, like a frenzy. Now that things have died down is a good chance for those who want to voice their displeasure to do so if they haven't already. I am a believer in speaking up if not satisfied.....also there's something to be said about power in numbers.

Back
Top Bottom