(11-16-2005) Reminder: U2 'Walk the Line' Tonight on CBS - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Reminder: U2 'Walk the Line' Tonight on CBS

For those of you who can catch this very special tribute to Johnny Cash tonight on CBS, U2 will be performing. It is not yet known what the band will choose for the performance, however recent forum speculation has ranged from "A Boy Named Sue" (based on Bono's personal claim to being 'Sue' in Rolling Stone), "The Wanderer," U2's collaboration with Cash on "Zooropa" or something off of HTDAAB like "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own." The official site for the special indicates that artists will perform Cash songs only.

Stay tuned! More on the special here.

Though I hope they did a new song you don't think they just will re-run that footage from a past Man In Black tribute where they played that reggae version of Don't Take Your Guns To Town do you?

They did the Wanderer!

It was kind of hard to hear since stupid CBS recorded from the speakers instead of plugging into the soundboard. But all in all, it was pretty good. It was also interesting to see Bono singing Cash's part and Edge singing Bono's part.

Cool to hear the Wanderer live! :up:

First time i heard The Wanderer, now I have to go buy Zooropa so I can hear the original. I loved it! Of course I had nothing to compare it to. The Edge is so cool...

Man!,that was beautiful!...Bono's vocal,edge's falsetto,Adam bass line..simply beautiful.How can anyone still think that this song sucks??

Actually,listening to it many times on u2acthung.com,i think the song spirit would fit perfectly to end a show.

Okay, that was awesome. I was watching the show with my Dad.. U2 came on and they started playing The Wanderer. I said something along the lines of.. " Alot of U2 fans are going nuts right now" hehe. And it was really well done! :up: :bow:

Back
Top Bottom