(11-16-2004) Exclusive: No 'Fast Cars' for North America -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ultrraviolette said:
Best Buys's advertisement in the paper includes all three release of the new album, cd, cd+dvd, cd+dvd+book, which will be sold for $9.99, $16.99, and $24.99 respectively.

Won't know if Fast Cars is on the collector's edition until I get there Tuesday! :drool:

I picked up the limited edition cd/dvd with the book this morning at Target. The best thing is that the girl who was stocking the shelves put the book limited edition on the wrong shelf, so she sold it to me for $14.98 instead of $29.99.

Also, it DOES have Fast Cars on it and it's the regular domestic release.

'Fast Cars' is included in the collector's edition 'book' set everywhere, including Canada. It is exclusive to the standard and brilliant box versions in the UK and Japan.

And, 'Mercy' isn't on the album in any country or configuration...

Bono's American Wife said:
Got mine at Target and yes, it DOES have Fast Cars :up:
Mine too! :yes: Although, I had to pay the "right" price of $29.99 - dang it! :D

Already copied it into my computer at work & have been listening to it over & over & over & over & over...... :hyper: :happy:

I got the collectors edition today and it does have Fast Cars at track #12. I bought my copy at Best buy this morning.

PghFan50 said:
I got the collectors edition today and it does have Fast Cars at track #12. I bought my copy at Best buy this morning.

Me too, how cool is that, and you can't beat the $24.99 price including Fast Cars. Also, I'll note that I downloaded Fast Cars, but it isn't the same as what is on the album (not sure about other songs yet). The Fast Cars I downloaded was repetitive and missing a chorus, not to mention missing the dismantle an atomic bomb reference.

Gonna go watch the DVD now. More later...

Nate

The CD has 11 tracks

The Deluxe Edition (with the DVD) has 11 tracks

The Collectors Edition (with the DVD and the hardback book) does indeed have 12 tracks, with "Fast Cars" being the track 12

datatyme said:

Me too, how cool is that, and you can't beat the $24.99 price including Fast Cars. Also, I'll note that I downloaded Fast Cars, but it isn't the same as what is on the album (not sure about other songs yet). The Fast Cars I downloaded was repetitive and missing a chorus, not to mention missing the dismantle an atomic bomb reference.

Gonna go watch the DVD now. More later...

Nate

You must have downloaded the looped version that was going around for a while.

I was glad to find Fast Cars on the Special Edition, although it is available for individual purchase as part of The Complete U2 at the iTunes Music Store. $24.99 was a good deal at Best Buy, and the book is worth it. Some powerful stuff.

I wish they would have inserted Fast Cars elsewhere than after Yahweh, as it is intended as the last song. When I burned my copy (to avoid scratching my original) I swapped Original of The Species and One Step Closer, and moved Fast Cars up in between them. I think it has a better flow that way, with Yahweh closing it out.
Mercy was not among the tracks in the Complete U2 collection, but what a collection. All of the early singles, all the remixes (even New Year's Day and Two Hearts, which I only have on vinyl), and several complete concerts. It includes The Passengers, but no MDH, In The Name Of The Father or Captive. I don't have a spare $150, but it would be worth it, as about half of the tracks are non-album tracks.

Got my special edition at best buy as well cause of the price!:wink: Great to have fast cars added to that one. Also bought the regular standard cd at circuit city again because of the price (it's called shopping on a budget)
Anyway listened to the cd last night twice ( I hadn't heard any of the other songs besides Vertigo of course) I am a FREAKING happy U2 fan today!!! This was money well spent :yes: :yes:

Got the collector's edition in the mail today and was stoked to see FC as track #12...not so happy to see that this edition w/ CD, DVD and Book does NOT have any lyric notes! Ahh...well, I suppose I'll live (and very happily, too, I might add!)

enggirl said:
Got the collector's edition in the mail today and was stoked to see FC as track #12...not so happy to see that this edition w/ CD, DVD and Book does NOT have any lyric notes! Ahh...well, I suppose I'll live (and very happily, too, I might add!)

It does!

This web address is on the Limited Edition box set:

www.u2.com/htdaab-lyrics/

The official lyrics for the HTDAAB are on that link.

bort269 said:

It does!

This web address is on the Limited Edition box set:

www.u2.com/htdaab-lyrics/

The official lyrics for the HTDAAB are on that link.

YAY!!!! Thanks bort269....and here I consider myself so observant! (hey, ya know how it is--turkey day, relatives, etc., etc. and just being SO FREAKING EXCITED about the new CD!!!!!!!!!)
Ok, I think some tryptophan is in order :huh:

Back
Top Bottom