(11-14-2004) U2 charge to top of charts - Reuters UK*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 charge to top of charts

LONDON (Reuters) - U2's new single "Vertigo" has charged to the top of the singles charts, knocking last week's top tune, "Just Lose It", by rapper Eminem down to third place, the Official UK Charts Company says.

The single is part of the veteran Irish rockers' new album, "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb", set for release on November 22.

American girl supergroup Destiny's Child held onto second place in the charts for a second week, while boy band Blue's new single "Curtain Falls" made its debut in the charts at number four.

American R&B crooner Usher stayed at fifth place for a second week with "Confessions Part II/My Boo", while American singer Christina Aguilera's "Car Wash", featuring Missy, dropped two places to number six.

Britney Spears' "My Prerogative" slid from third place to seventh, but Swedish DJ Eric Prydz's "Call On Me" stayed at number eight.

Rounding up the top ten, Delta Goodrem's new entry "Out of the Blue", went straight into the charts at number nine, pushing British R&B singer Jamelia's "DJ/Stop" into tenth place.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=620993&section=news

Back
Top Bottom