(11-11-2006) Pearl Jam and Bono celebrate election down under - The Irish Examiner*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Pearl Jam and Bono celebrate election down under

U2 frontman Bono joined members of Pearl Jam at Sydney, Australia hotspot Hemmesphere on Wednesday night to celebrate US election results.

The Seattle, Washington-based rockers and activists were toasting the success of Democratic candidates in the US midterm elections, which were broadcast via US cable news services.

After their concert on Wednesday, the band partied at the posh nightspot and were joined by good mate Bono from U2 and support band, Kings Of Leon.

Bono and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder are also expected to make an appearance at the Make Poverty History concert in Melbourne, Australia on November 17.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=200965724&p=zxx96643x&n=200966484

Ya know, that was one of the first things I thought about Wed night (after the giddiness had just STARTEd to die donw ...but it was like a post-U2 concert high, so it won't go away easily!As a card-carrying Democrat...:wink: ): What were PJ and esp Eddie doing to celebrate?

I distinctly remember Eddie's reaction on one of the "pirate radio" nationwide telecasts he was doing at the time..."America has allowed some people to get into places where they don't belong...." God, now their set is going to be SMOKING HOT....I know someone in Oz right now and all I can say is dangit, for the first time, I'm jealous!

(*Tries to remember relevant PJ lyric but am still too hyped..someone help me out here!?!*)

Teta040 said:
Ya know, that was one of the first things I thought about Wed night (after the giddiness had just STARTEd to die donw ...but it was like a post-U2 concert high, so it won't go away easily!As a card-carrying Democrat...:wink: ): What were PJ and esp Eddie doing to celebrate?

I distinctly remember Eddie's reaction on one of the "pirate radio" nationwide telecasts he was doing at the time..."America has allowed some people to get into places where they don't belong...." God, now their set is going to be SMOKING HOT....I know someone in Oz right now and all I can say is dangit, for the first time, I'm jealous!

(*Tries to remember relevant PJ lyric but am still too hyped..someone help me out here!?!*)

I was giddy and so happy too Wednesday night! And then when we clinched the Senate, incredible, I could not believe it! Finally!!
And I was thinking about Bono and Edge and how happy they must be with this news, as is most of the world! Thank God!!:applaud:

What a way to celebrate (finally) a backlash against those miserable fascist twits! And so, it begs the question -- what on earth could Edge, Larry and Adam have been doing that kept them from partying down with Bon and Pearl Jam? I hope to hell it involved massive amounts of cheesecake, champagne and unbridled sex....but still....

Rachel, Bono has always been a flaming lefty. In principle, though he has not hesitated to crticize leftist politicans. He only appeals to both parties in the US b/c of his Christian past (and present.) Which of course is a good thing.

I notice, in my country, that liberals have to be "Fair and balanced" and include overtures to the Right in their newscasts, etc. But nobody has ever pressured the neocons on Fox news to drop a liberal attitude or opinion on their newscasts.

(Uh-oh, let's not even GO here. I'm an FYM'er....:mad:

As for partying....well, in Adam's case, I HOPE it did'nt involve champagne. The "unbridled sex" thing..welllll......:ohmy: (thanks a lot....as alifelong Edge gal, you've just messed up my mind:wink: )

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:In the voice of Mr. Roger's,"Boy's and girl's,can you say the word "GRIDLOCK"?I know you can,just try!"

Teta040 said:
Rachel, Bono has always been a flaming lefty.

Yeah. I know. That's why I said "image." It isn't real. I suppose that's why U2, Green Day, and Pearl Jam are becoming such good friends: they're all raging liberals.

On your marks, get set, go!

Back
Top Bottom