(11-06-2004) U2's Atomic Bomb Leaks - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i kinda broke my "rules and have downloaded a couple.. or a few.. or mebe the whole thing in a while eep, all i can say is .. well so far, original of the species is a MASTERPIECE and miracle drug is well it builds up like alot of classic u2 songs, wouldnt call it a classic but its interesting and it grows on you, gets better with more listens.

:angel: ..:shifty: ..:macdevil:

The "better" part of me wants to wait. Go to the store, pick it off the shelf, pay for it, run home and lock my self in my room for hours listening to it.
The "greedy" part wants it now!!! What do I do?

I am not going to tell you what to do...but this is an amazing album:) I have it now and definitely plan on buying it the first day it is out.

Robert

Well, I have to disagree with Stoven. Some of the songs may take a while to grow on me, but others are incredible immediately. For instance, Miracle Drug and Original of the Species are F'n MINT.

In other news....look at all the newbies. This place sure gets more popular when there's pirated music available.

In so,e perverse way...

this could be blessing for the band. If this does indeed force the early release of the album, it increases the band's chance of debuting at #1. Last week the #1 album sold less than 300,000 copies, while the #3 ablum only sold something like 170,000. While it would have little competish at this point, ANY #1 debut is good publicity and great brownie points for the band.

Better to have a leak now than back in August, hey Bono:)

. I can wait, 'nuff said.

There's lots of other places to get the album other than this web site.....

I've been listening to the new album today, and...as much as I hate to say this, U2 have definetally slowed down.

I think its good, but not what I had hoped for. Vertigo is a very misleading single for this album...most of the songs are easy listening, which saddens me. I was hoping for that raw, cutting 'Edge' sound. He's in the background for sure, but the songs are really quite slow and lack the energy of the old rebel days.

Solid U2, but they have definetally gotten older.

Great mood, music though. Makes me nostalgic for unforgettable fire.

Last edited:
This downloading frenzy is immoral. It's stealing from your favorite band. What loyal fans you all are (the ones who downloaded, that is). And this site should know better than to let this come to pass. I would have permanently banned anyone who was posting the share links on this site.

Of course, gorman and others will try to justify this by saying that we Interferencers would still buy the album anyway, but that doesn't hold true for millions of other people who will download this album ILLEGALLY over the coming months. Are you going to convince them to buy this album when they have no intention of doing so?

If I were U2, I would just quit recording music altogether, since even their most loyal fans would stab them in the back.

GibsonExplorer said:

If I were U2, I would just quit recording music altogether, since even their most loyal fans would stab them in the back.

Thats funny,Im not gonna debate one way or another the moral issure of downloading music ,but to say we are stabbing them in the back is a little harsh dont you think?,most here have bought,I would be safe to say most of u2's albums and prolly a ticket or 2 to one of their live shows at ($80.00-$100.00 +'s)a pop.To download the album,then go out and buy it,(as I already have my box set on pre-order)even if someones dosent buy it (as many claim they will) I would not hold that against them.Face it I LOVE u2 and all,but because some download the album,I would not worry about Bono and the rest of the boys not making their house payment next month.Thats not to excuse the deed,like I said I hope everyone that does download it ,does go out and buy the album.I've got a feeling thou ,the only ones really concerned about it is the record company themselves,cause I do belive I read a quote where Bono basiclly said he thought it was cool people downloaded their music and taped their concerts

Wow...hostile.

Calm down. Why so hostile, friend?

I downloaded the lbum and I intend to buy it when it comes out. Who's the wiser? The band still gets my 10 bucks.

relax and enjoy the music.

City Of Blinding Lights

City of Blinding Lights has that total "Streets" sound. In my opinion it could be the public favorite if it is released.

2 weeks, that's all i'm asking, 2 weeks!

:mad: Why are you downloading this??? Why are Interference not speaking out against this??? The album is out in two f**king weeks. I thought all U2 fans had an IQ of over 26 but it is clear that some of you mfkers dont. Its not just the band that we have to think about, its the workers at island, interscope, universal. The band and the labels should take some legal action out out your sorry asses you bastards! I downloaded Vertigo legally from Island and im glad i did. I'm buying Vertigo tomorrow and will recieve HTDAAB in two weeks. You'll be joining Joey Ramone in the ugly pits of hell.

What a bunch of freaking babies you all are. Go cry somewhere else about the morals of downloading music. Those that will only download the album and never buy it... they would never have bought it anyway, so U2 didn't lose any money. Those of us who will buy it, we just get to hear it 2 weeks earlier... and I would say it is a testament to how great this band is. 25 years, and fans are still trying to hear the new album 2 weeks before it even comes out.....

stoven is right. Back, before the age of iTunes Music Store, when I still downloaded via music file sharing, not once did that keep me from buying something. In several cases I bought a CD simply because I like something that I downloaded. In other cases I downloaded music that was out of print.

It is kind of like radio. You hear it, you like it, you buy it. When VCR's and cable movie channels became popular in the 80's some predicted the demise of movie theaters. Guess what? The film industry has boomed ever since. The more we eat the hungrier we get.

The RIAA was wrong, but Apple came to the table with a way to make everyone happy, and U2 has joined that effort. Still, I don't have a problem with song sharing. Let it be.

I just don't see how they think it makes them lose money. Most people if they like a band or album, they will buy it. They download songs because they want to hear it, but they would never pay for it... so where did they lose money? The only thing they lost was.... stopping them from hearing it lol, it doesn't make sense.

By the way, iTunes is sweet... I stopped downloading songs in favor of iTunes a long time ago, and will never look back. If only the bitrate was higher though :/

Re: 2 weeks, that's all i'm asking, 2 weeks!

BloodRedSky2k5 said:
:mad: Why are you downloading this??? Why are Interference not speaking out against this??? The album is out in two f**king weeks. I thought all U2 fans had an IQ of over 26 but it is clear that some of you mfkers dont. Its not just the band that we have to think about, its the workers at island, interscope, universal. The band and the labels should take some legal action out out your sorry asses you bastards! I downloaded Vertigo legally from Island and im glad i did. I'm buying Vertigo tomorrow and will recieve HTDAAB in two weeks. You'll be joining Joey Ramone in the ugly pits of hell.

First of all, for saying that Joey Ramone is in the ugly pits of hell, screw you.

Second, NEWS FLASH, this isn't the only place to get the album. It's out. It's everywhere. And we're not the problem. We're all going to buy the album anyway. So I'm paying my share of the workers at Island's wages. The problem is the people on the rest of the internet, who aren't going to buy the album.

In other news, nice of you to crawl out of your lurking hole to shit on us.

-Mike

Last edited:

BloodRedSky2k5 said:

Nutjob.

BloodRedSky2k5:

If Interference should do anything, it is to ban your snotty/condesending ass!! No one here wants to be shat upon by you. Go tell it to Lars Ulrich !!
After the thousands of dollars Ive spent in the past on concert tix, CD's, merch, etc...and the hundreds I'll spend in the coming year, ALONG WITH EVERY ONE ELSE HERE, I don't think U2 will be hurting too much. As a matter a fact I can guarantee, they will be vacationing in the South of France, once the tour is over...While I try to catch up on the bill's I let slide to go see the band numerous times!! And your point about the "label employees", is nuff' said about your little slam. Either 1. You are one of them, 2. Your a sad person who just needs to crap on someones face, or 3. You have a VERY skewed view about the economics of the record industry...if so do some homework, and get the corn cob out of your damn kilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way this record freakin' ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 1st half is definately better...

Love & Peace is like no other U2 track Ive ever heard.
Sounds like how I'd imagine Led Zep. would sound, if they were in their hey-day now!!!!

Can't wait for the tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:wink:

BloodRedSky2k5 said:
You'll be joining Joey Ramone in the ugly pits of hell.

I understand, though disagree with, your concern about the harm to the band and interscope's employees. Most here will, however, be buying.

But that last comment was fucking unnecessary. Show some respect, man.

enuff!!

enough arguing with idiots...

hey, my favorite track is miracle drug after listening to the album all day. The rest of the tracks aren't really tugging at me yet, tho...

time will tell..

love the mood of MD, tho=]

HTDAAB is AMAZING!

I just heard the album and I have to say that U2 have done it again. They were right about saying this may be there best work yet. I've only heard the tracks a couple times but it sounds great, riveting sounds and lyrics. When I first heard vertigo back in September I was not impressed at first but after about 7-8 times the song started to grow on me. Well, these 10 other track have already grown on me. There just unbeleivable, might be even better than Actung. They all jam in this album like in Actung. Edge has never sounded better maybe his best sounds yet! Adam bass sounds and beat is very cool! Larry is at his best in the song " All Because of you" which is has Grammy written all over it. And Bono is as always 100% heart and soul in every song, his voice is still very strong and like a fine wine ages with character. I can't wait to see them perform Live in TO. I'm still going to buy the CD cause when they are the best Rock Band in the world! and this is must to add to your U2 collection if you are a big fan of U2.

Hell in a handbasket

After reading all the crybabies here I'm gonna sign on to every file sharing site I know and leave my computer on for a month as to make sure EVERYONE gets a chance... I'd chat longer but I gotta go hand out copies to strangers...later..... oh and as for that underabloodredsky motherfucker from earlier. EAT SHIT YOU STUPID DUMBASS. People like you need to SHOVE OFF.

By the way I like it. Gonna take some time to get use to.

Last edited:
I've just added a page- 'Where To Get The New Album' on my U2 site... http://www. /U2Homecoming There are two ways on there, please try the first!

I am also a Metallica fan (sorry!) and agree with them over file sharring. But I have paid for the album, so I own the right to listen to the songs, and can listen to them in any form I want. Lars (Metallica) said it was ok to do this. Bono said downloading songs was 'cool'. Edge said he'd rather have fans downloading music, than waste their time on playing games. U2 will be like Metallica, and use the Internet to their advantage (like they've started to do with iTunes, iPod, etc...)

Oh yeah, it helps that I have no morals either! :wink:

Great album, like miracle drug the most for so far. Great job and yes i will buy the real deal too guys.

Back
Top Bottom