(11-05-2006) U2/Green Day collaboration is big UK chart hit - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2/Green Day collaboration is big UK chart hit

U2 and Green Day's collaboration is the highest entry in the UK Singles Chart tonight (November 5) on downloads alone.

'The Saints Are Coming', which gets a proper release tomorrow (November 6), goes in at Six, while Fedde Le Grand's 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit' takes over from McFly's 'Star Girl' at the summit.

The new entries include All Saints' comeback single 'Rock Steady' at 11, Depeche Mode's 'Martyr' at 13, and the Babyshambles charity cover of The Clash's 'Janie Jones' at 17.

Keane's 'Nothing In My Way' goes in at 19, and Damon Albarn's new band (known for the moment as The Good, The Bad And The Queen) go in at 22 with debut 'Herculean'. Meanwhile, a couple of recent NME cover stars are further down - Panic! At The Disco enter at 25 with 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' and Klaxons score a hit at 29 with 'Magick'.

The Top Ten is:

1. Fedde Le Grand - 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit'
2. Bodyrox ft Luciana - 'Yeah Yeah'
3. Girls Aloud - 'Something Kinda Ooooh'
4. Beyonce - 'Irreplaceable'
5. My Chemical Romance - 'Welcome To The Black Parade'
6. U2 & Green Day - 'The Saints Are Coming'
7. Amy Winehouse - 'Rehab'
8. Razorlight - 'America'
9. McFly - 'Star Girl'
10. Bob Sinclair - 'Rock This Party'

In the Album Chart, Girls Aloud go straight in at the top with their singles compilation 'The Sound Of', while Amy Winehouse's second album 'Back To Black' enters at Three. Further down, The Who's first album for 24 years, 'Endless Wire', goes in at Nine.

© IPC MEDIA 1996-2006, All rights reserved |
http://www.nme.com/news/u2/24973

Back
Top Bottom