(11-05-2005) Bono and Blunt to Record Together -- TeenMusic.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono and Blunt to Record Together

British chart heart-throb James Blunt is excited about recording a duet with rock icon Bono, as he has always used U2's music as inspiration.

The "You're Beautiful" singer met the Irish star in a night-club, and as the alcohol flowed, the U2 frontman agreed to collaborate with Blunt.

Blunt enthuses, "Bono is a truly inspirational human being. I've always been inspired by his music."

But when asked whether Bono is as much of a fan of his music, the young pop hunk remains strangely elusive.

He says, "He definitely knows all about it, yes."

--TeenMusic.com

:laugh: Is there ANYONE Bono won't agree to sing with?

another quality decision by bono.

i'm sure this song will be at LEAST as good as his work with the corrs. that song was INCREDIBLE! :happy:

Watery fool! Hee hee, i love it....

While i dont think much of his album, i have to recomend to people to listen to the last track 'No Bravery' it is quite stunning. It is the only song of his i have on my mp3 player and it never fails to move me........
As for Bono...yeah i think he would sing with just about anybody who asked him!

dsmith2904 said:
and as the alcohol flowed, the U2 frontman agreed to collaborate with Blunt.

So, the alcohol is the key if you wish to do a duet with Bono. :wink:

No Bravery really is a great song, the others are not my thing.

But Blunt's music is nonetheless of a better quality than most of the other stuff in the charts.

Zoom was being sarcastic.

I like James Blunt. Well, not enough to run out and buy his album, but it's nice music. Nice, inoffensive music. It's not bad to listen to once in a while.

The single mix of 'You're Beautiful' is rubbish though.

What's the wohole thing about this Blunt guy anyway?

Is he manufactured or did he get a free ride cause he had decent contacts.

I get all sceptical about people like Powter, Blunt, Kanye West and people like that. These new artists who have just emerged. I wonder if they just get fame cause they're rich upper class twats....

Blunt was a soldier who served in Yugoslavia and Kosovo.
In that time he began to write songs and after he came back home he worked these song out.
I don't know, but he found a way to get a record deal without having much money or some contacts. That seems to be still possible.

What's the problem with being rich? You've got a computer, haven't you? Not exactly a working-class posession.

If the music's good (or, in Blunt's case, amusing to listen to once in a while) I'll listen to it. I couldn't give a flying fuck about how Julian Casablancas got his contract because it doesn't take away anything from the Strokes.

Back
Top Bottom