(11-02-2005) Rumor: Vertigo Tour Extended into 2006? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: Vertigo Tour Extended into 2006?

Interference.com had some eagle eyes on the ground last night in Los Angeles at the Staples Center who noticed various crew members walking around with a clipboard that had some verrry interesting information on it.

Here's the scoop. On the clipboards were spring months in 2006, under which were various international cities including Tokyo, Mexico City and Sao Paolo. This could very well indicate an eminent announcement for the Vertigo tour being extended into 2006, as rumored all across the fansites for months.

As Bono said last night, "We're just getting started." Perhaps they are. Fingers crossed, Australia and New Zealand!

Last edited:
It would be really cool if they followed their AB-Zooropa formula and release another album as the tour gets extended. I doubt it, but I'm dreaming out loud anyways.:wink:

Yes, this is great news for our South American and Australasian fans!!

I think everyone needs a little U2 in their country.

By-the-way my sister, who was there on opening night in San Diego, went to last night's LA show and said it was a 100 times better than the opening night...so by the time it hits South America and Australasia it should be completely on FIRE!!

one4u2 said:
ROAD TRIP! :happy:

:D

rt.jpg

rt2.jpg

It's OFFICIAL- The rest of the world didn't get fuc:censored: ed, congrats all - it was time these guys got there heads out of thier collective arses

Allright!

Any other cities the people might remember from the clipboard?

Last edited:
I am trying hard not to be too happy for something that has not been oficially announced, but I am failing miserably. :|

I hope this is true. I'd much rather they go to the countries that haven't had them play there for a while, rather than returning to the US or Europe (although it would be fantastic to see them again) :up:

I banked a lot of frequent flyer miles the past four years with an eye on using it for the tour, but U2 has played so many local shows fairly spread out I haven't needed to use them...yet. And I loved Argentina on my vacation last year. IOW, I think my plan is gonna pay off after all... :dancing:

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Allright!

Any other cities the people might remember from the clipboard?

I tried to jog their memory as best I could, but those were all that came to mind. Sorry :(

On the clipboards were spring months in 2006

Are these Spring months southern hemisphere Spring months? Or are U2 playing the southern hemishere during northern hemisphere Spring months? I'm guessing it's probably the later.

Are we talking about March, April, May or September, October, November? Clarification please.

Shag On A Rock said:

Are these Spring months southern hemisphere Spring months? Or are U2 playing the southern hemishere during northern hemisphere Spring months? I'm guessing it's probably the later.

Are we talking about March, April, May or September, October, November? Clarification please.

Sorry about that. Yes, it would be Northern Hemisphere standard spring months: March, April, May.

a few months ago the Boston Globe reported 2 shows at Fenway Park were in the works for the summer of 06

Back
Top Bottom