(11-02-2005) Larry Mullen and U2 Take LA - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Larry Mullen and U2 Take LA

As we posted last night, it was the Larry Mullen Band who took the stage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Many thanks to Lila64, nuke126, discothequeLP, u2wedge and QueenBee for their Setlist Party awesomeness.

Here's what the Larry Mullen Band played:

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. The Electric Co./Send in Clowns Snippet/See Me snippet
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In a Little While snippet
7. Beautiful Day / SGT. Peppers snippet / Here Comes the Sun snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills of Dakota snippet
10. Love and Peace or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet the Blue Sky / 'Saxophone' / Johnny snippet
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In the Name of Love)
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. One / Old Man River

ENCORES

17. The First Time
18. Stuck in a Moment
19. With or Without You

***Everyone Sings Happy Birthday to Larry***

20. All Because of You
21. Out of Control (with former U2 tribute band EXIT playing instruments)
22. Fast Cars
23. Yahweh
24. 40

Afterwards, birthday boy Larry spoke to the crowd saying thanks for singing "Happy Birthday."

Even though that could be called of the "standard" set list, it's still a great set list. :yes: :up:

Birthday concerts are always special ones. Happy Birthday Larry! :applaud:

Show was awesome! Who were these girls? Are they really from Exit? They were amazing, specially the drummer. You can see Larry was in Awe!

Zooropa man said:
Show was awesome! Who were these girls? Are they really from Exit? They were amazing, specially the drummer. You can see Larry was in Awe!

Exit is great. Check out their website at Exit-band.com

I saw them in LA Sat. night. Awesome show. So glad they got up on stage (again for some of them!) and played! Pam is
an excellent drummer. She had blisters on her hands after their gig Sat night! Courtney is a really good guitarist and Affa a rockin bopping bass player. Trevi, their singer has a FABULOUS voice. They did a few U2 tunes on Sat. night. My fave was Ultraviolet (Light My Way). Watch out, these girls are gonna be famous!

:up: :up: :up:

EXIT

Zooropa man said:

Zooropa man...you're absolutely right! These girls were awesome! I wish I would have been one of those girls... if only I knew how to play the drums!!
Larry WAS in AWE!! I saw his face via my binoculars.... they looked so cool! I got the chills just seeing them handing their instruments to the girls!!

When first girl got up to see Bono and Bono asked him 'what she played?', she said the guitar (meaning The Edge), Bono said "Edge.... of course"... that was a great moment to have seen!

Estella :wink: :wink:

It was awesome indeed... :applaud: And Bono & Edge sitting in front of Larry's drumkit listening to the girls play, then at some point Edge got a guitar I believe & joined, and Bono had the tambourine and played it, along with singing along with the singer of Exit... At the end of the night, the girls had also gotten the Larry Mullen Band shirts... They were showing them off later, and I believe the girls were all there the next night - just in different locations in the arena...

Carek1230 said:

Exit is great. Check out their website at Exit-band.com

I saw them in LA Sat. night. Awesome show. So glad they got up on stage (again for some of them!) and played! Pam is
an excellent drummer. She had blisters on her hands after their gig Sat night! Courtney is a really good guitarist and Affa a rockin bopping bass player. Trevi, their singer has a FABULOUS voice. They did a few U2 tunes on Sat. night. My fave was Ultraviolet (Light My Way). Watch out, these girls are gonna be famous!

:up: :up: :up:

I've never seen Exit live...only JT. Just curious though, because I want to see them at their 14 Below show coming up, do they do U2 songs only, or lots of different songs?

Back
Top Bottom