(11-01-2006) U218 Singles (and Tracklisting) - Yahoo!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lady luck said:
selection is ok..
But I just don't like this kind of "operation" -- sounds too much like a weak way to get money :((
I'm convinced that they're not getting my money but I may relent yet. I have bought every U2 album right back to Boy barring Passengers on the day of release. As for the bonus Milan DVD I'll probably await a torrent to download !!

hcbiggs2002 said:
That's not to say I won't be buying it, the obsession runs deep

This is exactly what U2 Corp. wanted. I can already see them in their steel towers going 'Mission Accomplished' with a devlish grin to match.

Anyone else notice that with the exception of Mysterious Ways, everyone one of these songs lies in the first four tracks of it's respective album. It's good to know where U2 puts it's stock.

Lesson for the future, ignore tracks 5 and above, they're just sub-par anyway...

~A.j.~

Zootlesque said:

This is exactly what U2 Corp. wanted. I can already see them in their steel towers going 'Mission Accomplished' with a devlish grin to match.

Well, if it's just the money that U2 want then why didn't they go with the singles that had the highest charts position?!? The Fly went to number one in nearly every country in Europe but has been looked over yet again!?! The original version of Discotheque went to number one in most countries in Europe (well it did here in Finland!)!! I would have thought that if U2's main goal was to sell as many cds as possible, then wouldn't it have made far more finacial sense for them to put their most succesful singles on this cd instead!?! :shrug:

And does any one know why only 18? Does the number 18 have some significance with U2?!? :scratch:

Brother Borat said:
No FLY?.....Here is the pivotal track of their career & its taken a backseat to Sweetest Thing??? SOFT.

I agree, but if you talk to more casual fans, most of them have never heard of The Fly, but tons LOVE Sweetest Thing, for whatever reason. When I was in school, people used to sing Sweetest Thing all the time in the halls. I've had to force people to sit through The Fly and give it a listen. I guess if the record company is using this to cater to more casual fans, it makes sense, especially since Sweetest Thing isn't on an album already.

The Fly

dude, the fly was good, but relatively weak IMHO. As far as it being "revolutionary" for them, there are many "similar" songs on AB. The Sweetest Thing is a classic, like it or not.

Last edited:
extra videos

The dvd will have extra videos of other singles...

I don't know yet what videos...

I have an idea. If U2 really should release a new best of they should really do something out of it. Make it big, not just a small single disc that can't hold all the hits. So I've made a little thing here (just for fun):

U2 - The best of 1980-2000:
The brand new U2 best of containing 32 carreer spanning tracks from one of the biggest bands in the world.
Containing classic hits like 'With or Without You', 'Where the Streets Have No Name', 'One' and 'Pride (In The Name Of Love)'
and newer hits like 'Vertigo', 'Beautiful Day' and 'Discothèque' this is the most covering U2 compilation ever to be released.
Also the compilation contains two new tracks 'The Saints Are Coming', a collaboration with Green Day for the Music Rising campaign
for music victims of Katrina in New Orleans, and 'Window in the Skies', both produced by Rick Rubin and recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
Also the compilation contains three rare singles from U2's early years: 'A Celebration', 'Another Day' and '11 O' Clock Tick Tock'.
Also there will be released a double DVD set with all the videos the band has ever done:
The tracklists are as follow:

CD set:
Disc 1 1980-1900:
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bad
Desire
Another Day
11 O' Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
A Celebration
Gloria
When Love Comes To Town
Angel of Harlem
All I Want Is You

Disc 2 1990-2000:
Vertigo
Beautiful Day
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Elevation
Electrical Storm
One
Miss Sarajevo
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Until the End of the World
Gone
Discothèque
Numb
The Saints Are Coming (Featuring Green Day)
Window in the Skies

DVD set:
DVD 1:
I Will Follow
Gloria
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
With or Without You
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where the Streets Have No Name
One Tree Hill
Desire
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes To Town
All I Want Is You
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One (The Anton Corbijn video)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Until the End of the World

DVD 2:
Numb
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Lemon
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Discothèque
Staring at the Sun
Last Night on Earth
Please
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Elevation
Walk on
Electrical Storm
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Original of the Species
The Saints Are Coming

No matter what songs they include on a CD like this, there will be people who are not happy. It is what it is, deal with it!

Re: The Fly

DirtDryBoneSand said:
dude, the fly was good, but relatively weak IMHO. As far as it being "revolutionary" for them, there are many "similar" songs on AB. The Sweetest Thing is a classic, like it or not.

The Fly is weak and the Sweetest Thing is a classic???

wow

ive heard window in the skies - it was on belgium radio and i managed to get a hold of it, to be honest its not that good - catchy maybe and good records but nothing ground breaking and im a big u2 fan

Back
Top Bottom