(11-01-2004) U2 Top First Album Poll -- TeenMusic.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Top First Album Poll

U2's upcoming 13th album has topped the first major Best Album Of The Year poll in American music bible Tracks

"How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" beat Wilco's "A Ghost Is Born" and Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose" to claim the top spot in the Tracks poll.

Magazine editor Alan Light calls U2's latest project "one of the most ambitious and powerful albums of a remarkable band's remarkable career".

The top 10 on the poll is:

1. "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" - U2

2. "A Ghost Is Born" - Wilco

3. "Van Lear Rose" - Loretta Lynn

4. "More Adventurous" - Rilo Kiley

5. "The Revolution Starts Now" - Steve Earle

6. "Medulla" - Bjork

7. "Musicology" - Prince

8. "Feels Like Home" - Norah Jones

9. "The Delivery Man" - Elvis Costello + The Imposters

10. "Around the Sun" - REM

--TeenMusic.com

alright, i highly doubt it's better than wilco's but we'll have to wait and see. a ghost is born is one of the best albums to come since 2000, in my opinion.

I assume it's a poll of the writers and editors of the magazine, who have heard the album. They have already reviewed it.

It amuses that this story appeared on Teenline (whatever that is) since the magazine is apparenly for a more mature readership, judging from the artists in the Top 10. I don't know too many teens who listen to R.E.M., Steve Earle or Elvis Costello. The world would be a better place if they did, though.

Yes, it would be. And that Costello album is :drool:

I can't believe I'm so fortunate as to have new releases from so many of my favorite bands in such a short span, not to mention the news of the Pogues reuniting in the same timespan. :faint:

i have to agree with Zoomerang96 about Wilco. we'll have to wait and see though

and besides U2, the only worthy album on the list is Wilco's A Ghost Is Born.

pretty middle of the road, mainstream list if you ask me

When I saw U2 top first album poll and that it was teenmusic.com, I was half expecting some teenmag to be talking about U2's new album as the 'debut of the year' or something like that :wink:

bratty_cat said:
Who are they polling? Most of the world hasn't even heard it?

Who needs to actually hear an album to determine if it's good? You know just about everyone here would vote for it regardless :laugh:

Really though, even if it's just the opinions of a couple editors, it's a good thing... especially to beat Wilco, though I haven't heard the album (yet, i keep meaning to listen to them) I've heard nothing but praise. This bodes well for U2. Go A-Bomb! :D

Wilco is awesome! A Ghost is Born is a really trippy, groovy and all around amazing album, full of pure creativity.

I HIGHLY recommend it!

Finally, Wilco is getting some respect! They deserve it, because their other albums are very cool as well.

Needle_Chill said:

Finally, Wilco is getting some respect! They deserve it, because their other albums are very cool as well.

Finally? Critically, they've been getting mad respect for some time. YHFT was HUGE with the critics in 02. Deservedly so. But regardless of when they started getting it, Wilco gets respect= :up:

Back
Top Bottom