(10-31-2007) U2's 3D film set to be released - NME.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
U2's 3D film set to be released

National Geographic set to release film

U2's concert film 'U2 3D' will be released in late January in 3D only in the US.

The film was shot in South America during the band's 'Vertigo' tour and will be released by National Geographic Film Ventures.

The concert film was produced by 3ality Digital and directed by Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington.

Owens has been U2's visual content director for more than 15 years, while Pellington directed the band's 'One' video.

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/32166

OK, I'm quite excited that it will be released, but I'm concerned about NG.

Let me tell you: I was in a school in a shantytown of Lima (Peru) last April. Conditions were quite appalling: the pupils and teachers had nearly no means to get and give normal education. A few years earlier, some archaeologists found some very important Inca mummies at the site. They uncovered everything and of course, needed to remove some buildings and other facilities at the site. When everything was done, the mummies were flown to the States and the poor people had to pay for the excavations. A few months later, National Geographic covered these archeological discoveries in an extensive article. We spoke to the people in the shantytown in Lima and they were completely shocked by the fact that NG covered the whole process without in fact telling the complete story. Those poor people had to pay for excavations of their mummies which were subsequently, in fact, stolen. Luckily they could save one or two of them, but all the others are now somewhere in the United States. So, by hearing their story, I am seriously questioning the moral standards of NG. Who knows what has happened elsewhere?

Being a U2 fan, a band with high moral standards, I regret them cooperating with NG. Sorry, but my experiences in that shantytown were so intense that I feel obliged to tell this.

Last edited:
Peter said:
OK, I'm quite excited that it will be released, but I'm concerned about NG.

Let me tell you: I was in a school in a shantytown of Lima (Peru) last April. Conditions were quite appalling: the pupils and teachers had nearly no means to get and give normal education. A few years earlier, some archaeologists found some very important Inca mummies at the site. They uncovered everything and of course, needed to remove some buildings and other facilities at the site. When everything was done, the mummies were flown to the States and the poor people had to pay for the excavations. A few months later, National Geographic covered these archeological discoveries in an extensive article. We spoke to the people in the shantytown in Lima and they were completely shocked by the fact that NG covered the whole process without in fact telling the complete story. Those poor people had to pay for excavations of their mummies which were subsequently, in fact, stolen. Luckily they could save one or two of them, but all the others are now somewhere in the United States. So, by hearing their story, I am seriously questioning the moral standards of NG. Who knows what has happened elsewhere?

Being a U2 fan, a band with high moral standards, I regret them cooperating with NG. Sorry, but my experiences in that shantytown were so intense that I feel obliged to tell this.

WTF? Dude lighten up...

Glad to hear about the movie's release!

Only in the US ?!?!?!

How is that good news???

Despite the fact that some of the audience shots were recorded at the first Melbourne show in Australia....

I have been waiting eagerly for this since I first heard about it a year ago. I will be bitterly disappointed if it doesn't open in Australia.

This is seriously retarted if only the yanks get to see this. It's meant to be such an awesome show with cutting edge technology in the visuals for the movie.. How dare U2 management or whoever owns the rights to this movie only show it in the US.

charbono and myself have rarelry been on here as you can see from our registered date and number of posts.. says something does'nt it that we both reply to this thread

It was awesome! The guys look good in HD 3D.

The Fly steals the show.

I'll definitely need to drag some friends to it and see it again.

Mark

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but tickets for U2 3D at the London Imax are on sale now - 21st to 24th Feb.

Back
Top Bottom