(10-29-2005) U2 Plays Dallas! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Plays Dallas!

Adam Clayton and the boys took on Dallas tonight. Here's what they played. Special thanks to gorman and ramblinrose. Three words: Angel of Harlem.

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet / Rock & Roll ****** Snippet
3. Elevation
4. The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet / See Me Feel Me Snippet
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting Snippet
In A Little While Snippet
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills Of Dakota Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home / Hands That Built America Snippet {'Outside It's America'}
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / Ol' Man River Snippet

ENCORES:

17. The First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
19. Angel Of Harlom
20. With Or Without You

21. All Because Of You
22. Yahweh
23. 40

Just got back from the show, Angel of Harlem was played with an audience member they pulled up. :drool:

Great Setlist, and with only 3 songs from the 90s, One, Miss S., and First time...

...maybe the 90s ARE overrated...

......nah......

nice set nonetheless, amazing how they can put on a show like this and leave out a decade of some of their most interesting music, props to them for having the catalogue (and balls) to do that!!!

Honestly, words can't describe the INTENSITY of this concert.

From the beginning of the show, Bono was ON FIRE and remained that way ALL night! :yes:

And "Angel of Harlem" was just pure magic - from Bono's skepticism at its beginning to his embrace of it at the end.

And Bono on a harmonica is always a desirable event to witness.:wink:

Pure magic - pure hysteria - pure love - pure U2. :up:

It was great! Even from the "nosebleed" seats! There was this gal a couple rows below me who got so excited (a little too much :drunk: ) that I was worried she would fall over the rail :yikes: !

The dude they pulled up to play guitar was a hoot!!!:applaud:

This was my Dad's first show, and it was my third. He was lost for words. He said it was the best concert he had ever seen!

It was my first time to be on the floor, and to also be in the elipse! I was three rows back right in front of Bono! It was AWESOME!

I asked Discoteque (who was sitting next to my Dad) how the floor looked after Streets had started. She said all of the sudden there were all these pretty colors. YAY! It worked! About 100+ people had glowsticks and I told them to crack them on Streets. And they did! I just hope the boys noticed. It was to represent that Texas cares!

Oh, and I can't believe three people were pulled up on stage last night! A little boy, then a young woman for WOWY, but the guy playing the guitar during Angel of Harlem was a hoot! The guy was hilarious! He totally took over the stage, and the guys were laughing but not at him. They just couldn't believe what they were seeing! The visitor was such a showman that he got a huge applause, Bono showed that he was not worthy, the guy did the same back, and then they exchanged sun glasses, but of course Bono got his back after the song.

You could really tell it was "Fan Night." U2 really loved being there. They were relaxed and having a good time. I think at one point Bono commented on the Texans. I just wish I could remember the adjective he used. Well, of course we were excited! They never came through on the Spring Leg. So yes, we were a little OUTTA CONTROL!!!

:wink:

kimby said:
It was great! Even from the "nosebleed" seats! There was this gal a couple rows below me who got so excited (a little too much :drunk: ) that I was worried she would fall over the rail :yikes: !

that reminds me that I almost fell forward from in front of my seat in Detroit on tuesday night,lol! And I hadn't had anything but some cola! And I wasn't even that close to the edge of the ledge, I just suddenly had to catch myself...
:ohmy:

Intensity indeed Jamila! Wish I could have been there, the intensity sizzles off just the setlist on the cyberpage my my...

cheers all!

Rail right in front of Edge

wow wow wow

I bout died when my ticket scanned in.

But what I don't understand is how we only got one show :angry:

as someone who does her share of complaining in life, I nonetheless have to say 'hey! cut the bellyaching!' to inmyplace13...you got *angel*, a lovely show, elipse...that should do ya well, non?:eyebrow:

and I'd been thinking about this:
nice set nonetheless, amazing how they can put on a show like this and leave out a decade of some of their most interesting music, props to them for having the catalogue (and balls) to do that!!!

and thought again that though I love their 90s stuff and utterly appreciated the zooTV encore in the spring leg:drool:
I can see why they're leaving it out right now...it just doesn't mesh well with the vibe they've got going now.

I mean, that decade's work's got irony and layers of dark play...listen to Do You Feel Loved over and over and see if you don't feel a bit depressed (I did that some weeks ago, 'fun' to indulge in, but will maybe avoid it now with the daylightsavingstime gloom)...but that would be jarring given where they are in their show now.

They talked about the 'plastic pants' they put on and that some people haven't quite 'forgiven' them for. That they had fun with that. I think they're just not in the plastic pants mode right now, and if they hit a couple songs from that era just for the sake of not leaving a hole in their catalog for the show then they'd be just doing that greatesthits jukebox routine and that's not so cool, imho.

cheers all!

Oh this was my 6th show and it was the best!!! Yes the spirit was in that place for sure!! I couldn't believe what a great mood the boys were in....the crowd was so amazing!!! Bono said something to the effect of "Yeah you Texans ARE loud"....they were definately into the fans....and that kid that he pulled up to play was just the highlight....i wish i knew who he was...he just totally stole the show...and boy did our boys love it!!!!!!! They were getting such a kick out of him...no words to describe that nite....Susan

I love the way this article begain with Adam and the boys!!:love:

I am glad you all had a great time!!! I would have loved to hear Angel of Harlem:drool:

ShellBeThere said:
as someone who does her share of complaining in life, I nonetheless have to say 'hey! cut the bellyaching!' to inmyplace13...you got *angel*, a lovely show, elipse...that should do ya well, non?:eyebrow:

Alright, ass. I was just saying how I think it's wrong that a place like Detroit, where there obviously wasn't as much demand, gets two shows and a place where we sold out in seventeen minutes doesn't get a second show.

And just to be honest, I don't give a fuck whether or not my "bellyaching" bothers you

Back
Top Bottom