(10-27-2004) Earthshaking! ‘Vertigo’ the Video is Here! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might be a Strat then, based on the headstock, body, and frets - the video is too fast for me. Humbucker pickups on it too.

Hmm. Not that great, but not totally awful. (IMO, nowhere near as bad as the"Elevation" video! LOL). There are some good shoots of Bono, but yeah... My thoughts are, "Meh."

<--profound, I know! *G*

ntalwar said:
Can anyone make out which guitar The Edge is using - a Telecaster?

the edge is playing some version of the telecaster deluxe, with the two humbucker pickups and volume and tone knob for each. his is black. I'd say it was the 72 reissue, but I'd need to see the headstock again.

hope that helps,

Lance

The video clip is great. It supports the feeling of the song; the feeling of a loss of balance, dizziness. I love the black plumes of smoke behind each band member. Awesome!! Of course it's a 90 sec. clip. I Can't wait to see the entire, finished video. This is exciting. The target in the desert is interesting?.

Lancemc said:

the edge is playing some version of the telecaster deluxe, with the two humbucker pickups and volume and tone knob for each. his is black. I'd say it was the 72 reissue, but I'd need to see the headstock again.

hope that helps,

Lance

I think you hit it on the head. That's exactly what it looks like.
Speaking of which, I haven't heard anything about the guitar selection for the new album. Has anyone heard anything?

Does anyone else think the ipod commercial is cooler?

I like it though... very straight-forward rock n roll.

Does anyone else think the ipod video is cooler?

I like it though... very straight-forward rock n roll.

I just saw it for the first time on TV - Talk about timing I woke up at 9.30 put the TV on and heard the intro to Vertigo!

It was on popworld channel4 uk this morning! I really like it :D

i really liked it also, full of adrenaline, don't understand what kind of video you wanted??
it's the appropriated to the song, WHAT A RUSH...

Back
Top Bottom