(10-23-2006) The Hunt Is On! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L O U ? :confused:

The Japan letter counts as one O IMO as the lines are taken from the same song. Besides, LOOU makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
we should make a post, marking the letter, song, date and site... so we can ALL have a chance

On one hand it would be nice if "we all had a chance".

On the other hand, true U2 fans aren't going to have a problem tracking down a couple ads. But if the lyric hunt answers are posted on teh interweb and become common knowledge, then a lot of less deserving people will enter.

And I'd rather a true U2 fan win.

Roland of Gilead said:
There will be a lyric taken from each single that on U218.

Where's that come from? :eyebrow:

The competition doesn't say anything about lyrics from the songs of U2 18 :scratch:

I am guessing that if there is meant to be two "o"s, then they would have to come from two separate lyrics. Same letter, same lyric = one letter. That is just my guess. (regarding Japan sites)

Well, I'm sure "U" still counts, but maybe they are going to make this game harder than we thought.

If you're answering the question with a sentence using 16 letters, then the obvious answer is:

LET'S GO TO HONOLULU!

or

TO HONOLULU, HAWAII!

What makes you think there's 16 letters though instead of 14...one for each day of the contest? 14 letters would obviously just be HONOLULU, HAWAII.

Last edited:
waynetravis said:
the Austria site has removed te lyric now

Maybe they put their banner up before they were supposed to...that is, if there is supposed to be one letter per day. Maybe they removed it when they realized that?:shrug:

That "U" sure means my ideas from yesterday are out of the window!

Roland of Gilead said:
I am really curious which Walk On will make this package. There are 3-4 versions?

Maybe the single version :wink:

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
I am really curious which Walk On will make this package. There are 3-4 versions?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Is there a version with both the Hallelujahs AND the guitar solo? If so, I want that one.

The Austrian site is back up with the same banner, so the letter they had does count.

What did mp3.com have? I just checked it and nothing was there.....DAMN!!!

Also, does anyone know how the answers will be submited? I mean, I know it is thru U2.com, but do you think they will have "SUBMIT HERE" link or what?? After all, that site is so slow to update sometimes, it might not tell us how to submit the answers way after the contest is already finished :|

mp3.com has another "U" from Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own's "You're the reason I sing"...

Looks like it's gonna be Honolulu after all..

I would laugh myself silly if some of you posted fake photo chops with lyrics. Could really trick some fans. :wink:

so essentially it will come down to one a million....and as Jim Carey said in Dumb and Dumber..."so you're sayin' there's a chance!!!"

Jono said:
so essentially it will come down to one a million....and as Jim Carey said in Dumb and Dumber..."so you're sayin' there's a chance!!!"

lol....my husband and my son have watched that movie a hundred times....or should I say Dumb and dumber have watched it a hundred times....

"" So you're saying there's a chance""... always a chance

:)

Back
Top Bottom