(10-22-2004) Play Vertigo -- U2vertigo.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung Ya'll said:
Well they reset the scores on both the regular and cd:uk versions...and it seems like the top score, like I said earlier, is 1480 tops....

I've been in contact with the people at cd:uk and also sent an email to Terri at Propaganda asking her to forward it to whomever at u2.com needs to read it. Clearly the people in charge of this game/contest finally got the message. Btw...I managed to reach a score of 1480 as well. This is still without that extra 1.1 secs at the start of the game...at least I'm assuming the clock is starting a 1.00 for you instead of 58.9 like it does for me?

atikicat said:

I've been in contact with the people at cd:uk and also sent an email to Terri at Propaganda asking her to forward it to whomever at u2.com needs to read it. Clearly the people in charge of this game/contest finally got the message. Btw...I managed to reach a score of 1480 as well. This is still without that extra 1.1 secs at the start of the game...at least I'm assuming the clock is starting a 1.00 for you instead of 58.9 like it does for me?

Actually no it starts at 58.9 for everyone (I'm on T1 and it still starts at that for me)..lame but oh well.

Yeah back when the second rounds of cheating started I sent an email to the sysadmin of u2vertigo.com dave@dvibe.com or something like that...hope it got through.

Some people I know took a look at it and apparently the Flash file was doing a POST of the submitted scores to a completely unencrypted PHP page...very very very insecure.

Achtung Ya'll said:
Some people I know took a look at it and apparently the Flash file was doing a POST of the submitted scores to a completely unencrypted PHP page...very very very insecure.

Well that explains the scores in the billions and trillions, but the easier right-click cheat problem is still there. If they can't stop that, then any score on the board could be faked...even if it's a believable one. Thus, awarding any prizes based on score is ridiculous. And I'm sure by the end of the day the scores will climb well above 1490.

Why don't they just save themselves the trouble and remove the "high scores" page from the program and replace it with a "rules" page that explains that the prizes will be awarded by a random drawing? It would put an end to the cheating and would save someone the trouble of having to reset the board every day.:shrug:

Did anyone actually get any of the prizes for this game?

It is still online and there is no sign of a closing date.

Thanks

Kaber

kaber said:
Did anyone actually get any of the prizes for this game?

It is still online and there is no sign of a closing date.

Thanks

Kaber

Yeah I got mine a long time ago. I got like 3rd place or something...some awesome U2 vinyl singles and a deluxe copy of HTDAAB...rock!

Back
Top Bottom