(10-20-2005) Bono on Cover of New Rolling Stone - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

I got that part to work, it was the subscribe for future installments page that is all weird :huh:

Same here. I've listened to the pod cast that's available free. Man, does that boy ever ramble!:wink:

If your dad looks anything like that I need your phone number and address right now:wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Scruffy Bono :drool:

Hopefully the mailman won't butcher this issue when stuffing it into my mailbox, as he often does.

Mine usually come with a plastic cover on it.....I know what you mean by that tattered and torn look though.

:)

All I can say is it's about f*&cking time they give the 'Rolling Stone Interview' treatment to Bono, I've been expecting that for years!

Too bad I'm in the middle of Africa and they don't send Rolling Stones magazines here:shifty: Oh well, there is always the internet!

a question about the cover: do u think it was ... well, doesn't seem so "natural"... I have the impression a PC and some sort of "photoshop" were involved...

How lovely to see His Royal Scruffiness on the cover of RS magazine again!

I have a question of global importance: How the heck has Bono maintained, up until recently, such a consistent shadow on his chin? The whiskers are always the same length in every picture you see of him taken at any time of the day. Is he on the reverse shaving schedule? Does he shave at night before bed for his tender-cheeked Ali, so that the rest of the world is stuck with Ol' Scruffy One?

These are the kind of questions that move the world...:scratch:

That pic could be a little bigger, ya know:wink: Is this some sort of record..."an entire face taking up a cover, filling the whole frame'?

Megalomania. *sigh*..

Fave quote so far: about 14 yr old Larry taking the garden hose to hordes of screaming girls trying to invade the first u2 kitchen sessions. And he being already well practiced at this! ROFL....I always wondered how he handled it. Maybe this was why he remained (by his own admission) a virgin at 17...and he met Anne at 18..., I think they knew each other before but I mean in a relationship way....it's like being a rock star already and how do you pick a girl who can just level with you as a friend and not a screaming idol worshipper. And after his mom died, I supppose he put even more value on beginning a relationship with a "real" someone.

Listen to me, this is about Bono and and I'm musing PLEBA-style on Lardence....

Just a thought..Eve at 14 is already absolutely stunning, from all the pics we've seen. Really, Ali all over again, it's scary. I wonder if Bono is ever a little freaked out over his daughter, knowing that she is Ali all over again, and he was dating Ali when she was only a little older than her??? Talk about time being a mind..well, a mind screw-up:).

Actually the first thing I thought of reading that, was the comment about Eve from the "In Conversation" book..how she plays drums...I wonder if she began by the near-universal female idolizing of "uncle" Larry when she was very little...learning drums from him.....and then starting to go to him as she gets older with her own questions on how to keep the boys at bay? If so, I think it would be adorable. Interesting thing to think about... experience though. Being two very good-looking people of different generations, and having a bond that way.

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
Fave quote so far: about 14 yr old Larry taking the garden hose to hordes of screaming girls trying to invade the first u2 kitchen sessions. And he being already well practiced at this! ROFL....I always wondered how he handled it. Maybe this was why he remained (by his own admission) a virgin at 17...and he met Anne at 18..., I think they knew each other before but I mean in a relationship way....it's like being a rock star already and how do you pick a girl who can just level with you as a friend and not a screaming idol worshipper. And after his mom died, I supppose he put even more value on beginning a relationship with a "real" someone.

Listen to me, this is about Bono and and I'm musing PLEBA-style on Lardence....

Just a thought..Eve at 14 is already absolutely stunning, from all the pics we've seen. Really, Ali all over again, it's scary. I wonder if Bono is ever a little freaked out over his daughter, knowing that she is Ali all over again, and he was dating Ali when she was only a little older than her??? Talk about time being a mind..well, a mind screw-up:).

Actually the first thing I thought of reading that, was the comment about Eve from the "In Conversation" book..how she plays drums...I wonder if she began by the near-universal female idolizing of "uncle" Larry when she was very little...learning drums from him.....and then starting to go to him as she gets older with her own questions on how to keep the boys at bay? If so, I think it would be adorable. Interesting thing to think about... experience though. Being two very good-looking people of different generations, and having a bond that way.

even if it's off thread, it's always lovely to read about Lardence...

Back
Top Bottom