(10-19-2005) I'm the Imelda Marcos of sunglasses - Bono -- Ireland OnLine*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I'm the Imelda Marcos of sunglasses - Bono

Bono says he is the "Imelda Marcos of sunglasses" and claims he wears shades most of the time in public because he has "very sensitive eyes to light".

The 45-year-old U2 frontman has rarely been seen out without a pair of expensive Bulgari shades since the early 90s.

He explains that if somebody takes his photograph, he will see the flash for the rest of the day and his right eye swells up.

Imelda Marcos, former First Lady of the Philippines, famously owned 3,000 pairs of shoes when her husband Ferdinand Marcos was president.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=159707790&p=y597x8496

Last edited:
Honestly, I've always suffered from the same sensitivity to light, since I was a little red-headed angel.

My eyes are sensitive to the light too but it's from overcast days when there is a bright glare coming through the clouds. It gives me headaches so it's not unusual to see me wearing sunglasses on those types of days.

*sniff*. I want to rub those cute little blue eyes with ointment...(has disturbing mental pics of his close-eyed smile when I do this...uh oh, I'm getting into PLEBA territory:drool: )

Wait a minute, EmpressT..(*slaps self*) you're an EDGE gal! Heresy....

I think I heard somewhere that people who have sensitivity to light also have an increased sex drive...I want to test this therory:giggle: :reject:

I know that problem.
When I was a child I had headaches every sunny day. And I can't keep my eyes open when there is too much light.
I only have one pair of sunglasses, but now I need a second. But I don't think I'll ever have that many sunglasses. :)

Maybe his eyes are sensitive to light because he wears sunglasses 24/7 and they can't handle normal light anymore. I wonder if he had this problem before Zoo TV.... :hmm:

I don't know if it's true or not (about Bono) but I'm also sensitive to this suff, light just hurts my eyes like crazy, I don't know why. I don't wear no cool sunglasses though.... :(

Wonder where he keeps all his sunglasses? My eyes are sensitive as well because they are very blue.

:cute:

Many people with light colored eyes share the same sensitivites to light as Bono mentions. I am one of those. Bright light can be brutal if I don't protect my eyes causing dry eyes, and painful migraine headaches. He's right and I can relate to the oftentime discomforts of having bluish eyes.

I just want to see the display in his house where he keeps all the shades...it's probably a huge *fly shades* room, with notable categories such as Monday Casual, Monday Politics, Monday Concert, Monday Night After-Party, Tuesday Casual, etc...

Windmilllane said:
He just wants to look cool.

:cool:

I thought he was using them to cover up his crow's feet. Snerk.

Like Bono, I have very light blue eyes (I'm also short and have a cleft chin. Maybe Bono is my long lost older brother) and when it's very sunny out, I have to wear sunglasses or else my eyes get very watery and sore.

Try to get a DNA sample of Bono, and give it together with yours to a laboratory.
Who knows, maybe you get surprised ;)

I think he has a room dedicated to storage of his eyeware. Probably pushes a button and the rack goes round and round til he finds the pair he wants. I've seen tie racks like that. Only his is probably more like when you go to the dry cleaners and they push the button to make all the clothes go around.

Legitimate Bulgari question: can anyone point me to an online catalogue of their COMPLETE 2005 collection of men's sunglasses? I'm not looking for Bono's pair, but a different pair, that's sort of white/silvery, with white arms, and it's one of the shield models of glasses. COOLEST SUNGLASSES EVER. Saw them in a shop in D.C. for about $300 (gulp) and didn't have the guts to buy them, but now I want them.

Have been looking for weeks now but can't find them. And the bulgari website only shows a couple of pairs. Thanks if you can help! :)

Back
Top Bottom