(10-19-2005) Bush, Bono Have Lunch at the White House - Yahoo*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20051019/2005_10_19t161334_280x450_us_bush_bono.jpg?x=214&y=345&sig=bwwIiu9dl4yL9w.lxSRJjA--[/SIMG]
Bush, Bono Have Lunch at the White House

WASHINGTON - In town for a concert, U2 rock star Bono was invited to lunch Wednesday with the president. White House president secretary Scott McClellan said the meeting at the executive residence would be a follow-up on talks he had with President Bush in July at the G-8 summit in Scotland.

"They had a very good discussion about some of our common priorities," McClellan said. "Both share a deep commitment to combating AIDS, preventing malaria and expanding trade to lift people out of poverty."

2005_10_19t161334_280x450_us_bush_bono.jpg

(Eric DraperThe White House/Reuters)

McClellan said Bono also planned to meet with National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley later in the day, before U2's concert at the MCI Center. The spokesman laughingly told reporters that Bush was not planning to attend the concert.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051019/ap_en_ce/bush_bono_3

Last edited:
I realize that it's necessary for Bono to shake hands with the Devil to achieve noble goals. But, it's still the Devil.

Shade said:
I realize that it's necessary for Bono to shake hands with the Devil to achieve noble goals. But, it's still the Devil.

The Devil? So does that make all the Bush supporters here at interference Satan Worshipers?:wink:

Wildhit said:

Ugh. Let's not get into a political argument here. We're all entitled to our political beliefs here on the forum.

I don't want to close this thread, but if we start calling each other devil-worshippers because of political affiliation, I'll have to. :(

I'm sure the "devil worshipper" stuff is tongue-in-cheek, Angel:wink: . But a lot of people here label him a devil with a small d.

That AP pic is 3 yrs old. And there was no shaking of hands going on in the new pic. nothing to indicate Bono was or wasn't a Bush fan. Body language is very important. Besides, a pic is not going to help his polls at this point....so, I'll sit back and watch the fireworks.

With all the crap surrounding Bush these days, from all fronts, he probably welcomed Bono with trumpets and fanfare....

PS. Looking at the pic....LOVE how Bono is standing just to the back of Bush, so he will still look as tall as him. Or close to it :wink: And his hand is deep in his pocket. To me, it's the most "confrontational" look I've seen in a pic of Bono with a world leader. The Bono in this pic looks as if he WAS dragged into a pic.

And (dare I say it) Bono looks so darned HOT when he is mad....I wish I could cut this pic in half and use it as a desk top...(better yet, do some creative photoshop and have him sitting at the Oval Office desk....haha.)

Hey, listen to me overanalyzing a pic. The Irish are big on visual symbolism you know. As we should all know by now...

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
I'm sure the "devil worshipper" stuff is tongue-in-cheek, Angel:wink: .

I know it is :) I just want to avoid a political argument in here from people who are Bush supporters who might take offense, that's all :)

Teta040 is because Bono's the coolest man on the universe, the world leader and the most confident guy ever......thats why:wink:

Excerpt from this afternoon's briefing:

- - - - - - - -

Q Scott, two questions. This is a serious one. Since you raised Bono, is there --

MR. McCLELLAN: Those were serious, too.

Q But this is serious about Bono. Is there a possibility he might be given a position in the administration? He's a big name.

MR. McCLELLAN: I haven't heard that. I think he's enjoying the career that he has right now and doing all the good work that he does on behalf of people who are suffering in developing countries.

Q But is he considered an advisor or supporter of the administration?

MR. McCLELLAN: He's someone who has a lot of influence and is committed to helping people who are in need, and lifting people out of poverty, and helping those who are suffering from AIDS. And those are priorities that the President shares. And so they've had some discussions over the last few years, and we appreciate the opportunity to visit with him.

Awwww, man! :rolleyes: not again...

[What's up with the picture???
Bono looks like he's floating!!]

wannabe said:

Q But is he considered an advisor or supporter of the administration?

MR. McCLELLAN: He's someone who has a lot of influence and is committed to helping people who are in need, and lifting people out of poverty, and helping those who are suffering from AIDS. And those are priorities that the President shares. And so they've had some discussions over the last few years, and we appreciate the opportunity to visit with him.

Thank fuck this was answered this way. That's an ugly question. I'd love to know where that came from. It's either an opening to get at Bono, or an opening for McClellan to take advantage. Great that neither happened.

i think they make a dynamic duo:angry:

bono's body language speaks volumes..and why are b's hands in his pockets?
:sexywink:

db9

I agree, Bono's been looking far more open in pics with politicians than this.

Hope this meeting will help, in someway...

For Bono: darling, you look great! I love your hair in that pic!

And No tie at the White house: yeah!!

But I Just have a Fashion reproach for you: NEVER put together blue and black...

Back
Top Bottom