(10-18-2005) Get Ready To Get Dizzy - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L03VIk said:

Aren't we all waiting for the Milano DVD with Miss Sarajevo in all its pride and OOTS with a small symphony orchestra??:drool: :drool: :drool:
===========
Will there be a european DVD? If so I wonder if it will work on US dvd players (assuming it won't be available here in the US).

:scratch:

:hmm:

shaun vox said:
is it just me or does bono's voice sounds horrible (on the dvd clip)

makes me want to turn the volume down!!!:(

it´s not you, Bono really sounded horrible :sad: . It seems they are to hurry and they think they MUST release a live DVD at the spot:( .

Too bad, they should have done as Zoo TV, I mean, wait until the tour was ENDED and then choose the TRULY BEST show for the Tour :drool:.

Here they made the same mistake as Boston DVD. They just went with an army of cameras, lights and speakers and filmed those Chicago shows, having known in advance those shows would be released on DVD, no matter how crap they were.

Slane Castle was a much better concert and DVD, because they played FOR THE CROWD that night, they sounded more honest, relaxed and with more energy.
And it was just a ONE DVD, not the filler 2 DVD set.

Bonus tracks should have been: (just taken from Chicago shows)

-Party Girl
-Gloria
-Until The End Of The World
-With Or Without You
-Bad

Was it the Milan show they filmed in Europe? Did they film any more?

I can't wait to get my hands on a European show DVD. I saw them for the first time EVER at Twickenham in June, it was unbelieveable.

As for the cover, its not too bad considering the atrocious HTDAAB cover, I honestly thought it was a fake until it came on Amazon.

Who cares what it looks like on the outside, so long as the contence is good!! And it even doesn't matter if Bono's voice is a little off! All that sort of thing is part of the live experience, that's what makes the difference. If you want perfect vocals or what ever, then you can always listen to the studio versions!!!:rockon:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Who cares what it looks like on the outside, so long as the contence is good!! And it even doesn't matter if Bono's voice is a little off! All that sort of thing is part of the live experience, that's what makes the difference. If you want perfect vocals or what ever, then you can always listen to the studio versions!!!:rockon:
I strongly disagree with you my friend. That´s being quite comformist, I mean, accept EVERY official release as "Awesome, must have, etc" just because it´s an official release.

That doesn´t mean that will be truly worty or stunning. ANY concert performed live would be a live experience, no matter how crap the vocalist is, how boring is the band, and how unexiting the whole concert is. Reading post like you did here mate reminds me Beatles fans in the mid 60s, I mean, they didn´t give a s*** about the actual concert, they just wanted to SEE The Beatles... do you know what I mean?

It´s the same situation here: TO SEE a live DVD from Vertigo Tour, no matter how average or even bellow average the performance is. The fact is that Chicago concerts were far from being U2 at their best of the tour. It´s such a shame and a terrible choice to release those concerts on DVD, that´s all. Bono wasn´t at his best, he sounded rough, raspy and strained.

U2 have filmed much better concerts of the whole tour, during the 3 legs, so why they can´t go with a better concert on DVD?. I simply don´t understand that.

They just took the easiest way to go: they knew they were to performed 4 nights in Chicago, so they went with dozens of cameras and crew and they filmed the concerts... but they didn´t care about how good the concerts were... It´s the same mistake as Elevation Boston, they performed MUCH BETTER CONCERTS, but they simply filmed those 3 nights and then released the disposable 2 DVD version.

With Pop Mart they simply made a mistake by releasing Mexico City 1997 performance just because of cameras work, having performed SO MUCH BETTER gigs as Santiago 1998 or Rotterdam 1997 (Please live video), but at least they waited until the tour was ended, as they did with Zoo TV. They should have done the same way with Vertigo Tour.

And finally, don´t forget that when U2 perform really memorable concerts, their live versions blow away studio ones, as Sunday Bloody Sunday from Red Rocks or Loreley 1983, Bad from Live Aid, Bullet The Blue Sky from Zoo TV, etc

Does anybody know anything about the DVD that was filmed in Milano during the European leg of the Vertigo Tour?

I'm betting the Milan DVD will be out in two years, like the Slane DVD came out two years after Boston. I assume that U2 will be in the middle of another four-year vacation by that time, so they'll need something to keep us all appeased.

Back
Top Bottom