(10-17-2004) U2 Makes 'Bomb' A Collectible - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Makes 'Bomb' A Collectible

U2's upcoming album, "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," will be available as a special collector's edition when it is released Nov. 23 by Interscope. In addition to the regular audio CD, the set will boast a DVD with footage of U2 in the studio plus four as-yet-unnamed acoustic songs. The discs will be housed in a 48-page hard-bound book and carry a suggested price of $39.98.

Meanwhile, the band is tonight (Oct. 15) offering its first live performance of first single "Vertigo" for a taping of the U.K. show "Top of the Pops." The band has set up shop on top of a parking garage in West London, reminiscent of its 2000 "TOTP" performance of the song "Beautiful Day" on top of Dublin's Clarence Hotel. The band will also play live on ITV's "CD:UK" show tomorrow.

"Vertigo" climbs to 4-2 this week on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart, 23-19 on the Adult Top 40 tally and 45-44 on the Billboard Hot 100.

U2 has begun plotting out the 2005 tour in support of "Bomb," but manager Paul McGuinness cautions fans to not buy tickets for speculative dates until they are confirmed.

"We are still very much in the planning stages of our tour for next year which will visit the U.S., Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia, and the band is really looking forward to getting out on the road," he wrote on U2.com. "As soon as we have finalized the plans, the tour will be announced on U2.com as usual and purchase instructions will be clearly available. Nothing is confirmed until the official tour announcement, no tickets will be on sale until after this time."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000672926

Thanks to Zack!

U2's my favorite band and all, but that's too rich for my blood. Maybe I can find these extra songs on the net. :|

the tour will be announced on U2.com as usual and purchase instructions will be clearly available
"purchase instructions"............? Something like Propagandas old way? Maybe? :hmm:

Am I reading too much into this?

Back
Top Bottom