(10-17-2004) Bono in Portland This Week -- The Columbian*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono in Portland This Week

Irish rock star and social activist Bono, the lead singer of U2, will make an appearance in Portland on Oct. 20 at the Rose Quarter during the World Affairs Council's International Speakers Series where he will talk about the importance of fighting global poverty and AIDS. Tickets are $35 to $150. Call 503-552-9888 or visit www.worldoregon.org.

--The Columbian

Thanks sue4u2!

Last edited:
$35 is too much? I hope you enjoy your U2 concert DVDs!!!

Maybe there might be a special "encore" kinda like the unannounced show U2 did at a Paris nightclub for an ATYCLB listening party?

While the lecture is at the Rose Garden(U2 played there in 2001) it's in the 4,500 seat "Theater of the Clouds" seating configuration.

To say the least, I'm shocked at how little interest this in generating on this U2 board. This is likely the only full length public speaking engagement Bono may ever give.

Has everybody simply turned a deaf ear to any and all Bono rants/causes?

U2FP

Perhaps not lack of interest, but lack of money and ability to get to such an event. People do have other responsibilities, you know!:wink:

I'm going.

I'm driving down from Seattle. Still need to get a ticket, seems like the good ones are gone. $95 is the most expensive available through ticketmaster tonight. I'm kicking myself for not knowing about this earlier.

I'm surprised nobody planned fan gathering around this event.

I would but I've only driven through portland and don't know too much about the city.

I'm also busy trying to find my misplaced ticket. I'm confident I'll find it, But I may have ot get TM to print a replacement from my email receipt.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
I'm coming down from Vancouver Canada for this lecture. Row 4.

Is anybody else going? Any plans for some kind of meetup?

U2FP

Well, I'm giving U2bonogirl a call today to see what's up....hopefully we will met up, the more the merrier! I'm at the Holiday Inn in downtown and just three blocks away from the Rose Garden so it would be perfect to met up here. If anyone needed to freshen up from their travels before the event I'd be more than happy to extend some hospitality. :) I don't have a lap top so I'm using the free internet provided by the hotel if you need to reach me you can at 323-514-6307 BTW my name is Danielle.

Back
Top Bottom