(10-14-2004) Stop The Traffic (Again) ! It's U2 on the Street for TOTP! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Stop The Traffic (Again) ! It's U2 on the Street for TOTP!

The rumours are true - U2 are set to perform 'Vertigo' live and free in a BBC car park in west London, on Friday evening.

Just as the band stopped the Dublin traffic four years ago when they played Beautiful Day live from the roof of The Clarence Hotel, fans will have the opportunity to turn up at the BBC studios in Wood Lane, West London tomorrow for an outdoor performance of the new single.

Word is that a stage is already being set up with talk of the band turning up around 7pm.

For more on U2's TOTP performance, visit U2.com.

--U2.com

I would kill to go to this. Unfortunately I'm all the way in California. If anyone does go please, please take pix and let us all know how it went!

The band have been rehearsing MIRACLE DRUG AND ALL BECAUSE OF YOU this week along with BEAUTIFUL DAY and BAD!!!

We will be there and we will take loads of piccies!!!!

Need to sleep now if I can we have a 5 hour drive in the morning!!!:ohmy:

have fun BT. I'll be watching television tomorrow, wave to the pleba-girls, will ya:wave:
(oh, and say hello to the b-man from bonolady and myself
:wink: )

miracle drug - all because of you - beautiful day - and bad ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: please let it happen . . . and let there be mp3s and videos too.

Anybody watching TV and would be willing to send a copy to a desperate Yankie lass?:drool:

Unfortunately, I've got my own private version of "blue crack"--my personal U2 Archives. Scrapbooks of articles dating back 21 years, bootleg videos (back when I was able to order them from a company that no longer exists), as many shows as I can get my paws on. And I am not rich:). This includes printouts in the Aughts of some of the bext U2 news. And chatter. And esp TV appearances. I managed to get all the major U2 TV apperances last time. The "Edge Files" from Interference are a notorious new addition--(no matter the legitmancy or not of the poster).

Now, with my VCR finally gave up the ghost, I have no way to record. Please, people, feed my archival instincts. Have mercy on a hopeless history nut! None of my friends are fans and don't understand. My 19 yr old sister hogs the TV when I visit my parent's house. IN addition to worrying over getting tix, I have my Archive to keep up! :(

i caught the end of it, the edge was really cool and bono was wearin his straw hat and yellow shades! wee bit croaky but hey its part of his character.

Setlist-

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Desire
Mystery Girl
City of Blinding Lights

It's just finished. Anyone got the MP3s online yet!

Last edited:
yeah his voice crackled just once but overal his voice was fantastic and more powerful than i've heard since Achtung Baby days.

After Vertigo they continued to play more songs but TOTP carried on with their schedule. you could hear the beginning of the next song while the presenters talked over it...probably "All Because of You" judging by what i've heard from that crap quality mp3 clip that's doing the rounds. Also heard a bit of Miracle Drug (maybe?) during the end credits. Looks like those two songs are likely to be future singles since this is exactly what U2 did back in 2000 for ATYCLB (i.e. they played live Beautiful Day, Stuck and Elevation) and they were used on future TOTP shows.

Fantastic stuff U2 and yes Bono "it's good to be back" (those that didn't see it Bono sang/yelled this Gary Glitter line at the end of Vertigo.

Wish Bono would stop doing the now predictable Elevation thing of going down to the crowd and biting a girl's wrist.

Last edited:
i saw some of vertigo and i did notice bono seemed a bit short of
breath. Does anyone else worry bonos voice may go out this tour?

two things stood out for me. One was that Bono's voice did seem to go a bit during the tail end of it but he was really going for it and probably overdone it a little bit. I did worry that if a lot of the new tunes are sung in a higher key and he is going for it like he used to then he may run into problems on tour. Singing as he does he always has had some iffy gigs as a result and always will. At least his voice sounds better than than the Popmart tour when it was obvious something was wrong with it. Regular gigs will actually help his voice as it will get used to the regular exercise of hitting those notes.

Was dissapointed thought that only Bono's vocals were live and the music was mimed. Did anyone else notice Larry Mullen adjust his earphone and stop drumming when the camera was on himfrom behind!??!

It was fantastic, will post some pics (if they have come out) on my site 2morrow.
The new tracks were superb.
More 2morrow, i must get to bed
Cheers

PK

Back
Top Bottom